Author Topic: HakPak64 - EverDrive Compatbility At Your Fingertips!  (Read 6754 times)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: HakPak64 - EverDrive Compatbility At Your Fingertips!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 12:17 AM »
That's great news, thanks.

Offline air2jordan3

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2020, 09:07 AM »
I tried Super DK64, Donkey Kong 64, and Revenge of the Shy Guys (all SM64 rom hacks highlighted in green) and none of them got past the loading screen with Mario's face. Am I doing something wrong?

Also Star Road works now, although some levels have extremely low FPS almost making them unplayable, but it can be completed.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2020, 09:32 PM »
I tried Super DK64, Donkey Kong 64, and Revenge of the Shy Guys (all SM64 rom hacks highlighted in green) and none of them got past the loading screen with Mario's face. Am I doing something wrong?

Also Star Road works now, although some levels have extremely low FPS almost making them unplayable, but it can be completed.

Sometimes a certain version of a mod will work on real hardware, but an earlier or later version of the same mod won't. It doesn't happen often, and so far I've only seen it happen with mods for Super Mario 64 or the two Legend of Zelda games. For example, versions 4 and 5 of the SM64 mod Super Mario Odyssey 64 seem to work on real hardware, but the final release of the mod doesn't.

I've sent you a PM.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2020, 10:09 PM »

These were all ED64 modified versions to work on the console I got from SM64Hacks.com which is now down.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2020, 09:28 PM »

These were all ED64 modified versions to work on the console I got from SM64Hacks.com which is now down.

It might be better if you mention what version you are testing, so people don't end up downloading and expecting an incompatible version of a given hack to work. Though mod authors themselves often don't exactly go out of their way to make the version/build number of a mod/hack easy to find. They often don't even write "This mod will not work on a real N64 console, and is not intended to." in the readme.txt file included in the mod/hack's .ZIP file (if they even include a text file), and somehow expect that anyone downloading the new creation will know automatically that it's only meant to be used in an emulator.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2020, 12:14 AM »
I did specify that if an ED64 version of the hack was offered that I would only test it and not the other versions but then again I didn't expect SM64Hacks.com to turn into a hot mess so people won't be able to get the same ones I did. I'll go back when I get the chance and add an [ED64] tag to all of the ones that were patched to work on console.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2020, 01:37 PM »
Thanks. It is a pity that SM64Hacks.com has lost it's database/downloads section (why is it that the public generally only learns about useful archives like this when the archives go down  :(), do you know why this happened, and if there is any chance of the archive reappearing in the future?

Offline supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2020, 02:56 PM »
Thanks. It is a pity that SM64Hacks.com has lost it's database/downloads section (why is it that the public generally only learns about useful archives like this when the archives go down  :(), do you know why this happened, and if there is any chance of the archive reappearing in the future?
I've found this from reddit.

Links are seem to be working.

Also there's a discord for it so it's not like the archive is totally gone.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 03:02 PM by supersign »
My backup of Saturnus' ED64 tools for v2 & v3 ED's

Offline conker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2020, 04:04 PM »
since there is a way to fix many of the old mario 64 hacks that were broken due to bad level editors are you planning to fix some of the simple one and then say if  they work or not?

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2020, 07:06 PM »

That is brilliant, thanks!

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2020, 10:14 PM »

Also there's a discord for it so it's not like the archive is totally gone.

That's a good find actually, didn't know about that one.

since there is a way to fix many of the old mario 64 hacks that were broken due to bad level editors are you planning to fix some of the simple one and then say if  they work or not?

I won't be fixing anything, despite all of this Corona stuff I've been busier than ever with all of my projects, when people do release fixes I'll definitely check them out.