Author Topic: C button bug in Starflight  (Read 475 times)

Offline ZinnMeister

• View Profile
C button bug in Starflight
« on: October 07, 2019, 08:39 AM »
So I've been using my Joyzz controller for maybe a month now and loving it. I decided to pick up Starflight tonight, but a bug with the C button renders the game pretty much unplayable (or at the very least, extremely frustrating). Normally, you press C to exit a menu, but whenever I attempt to do so while I'm using a menu in space (works fine when I'm in the space station or on a planet), the controller seems to register a double click of C, which causes the menu to close and quickly reopen. Every once in a while, the menu will close normally so I'm able to continue playing, but this can take tens or hundreds of presses. I've tried both a real copy of the game and a ROM loaded from my Everdrive. The problem persists on both. The game works fine with an official controller. Any suggestions? Is there a firmware upgrade to fix this issue?

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
Re: C button bug in Starflight
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 05:33 AM »
Have you tried setting the controller to 3 button mode? Does the game have the same behavior with an official 6 button controller without mode held down before startup?

Offline ZinnMeister

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 05:21 AM »
Yeah, I tried three button mode. The official controller I tried was a six-button.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 03:18 PM »
I will look on this problem.  For now you can use 3 button mode, seems like it fixes the problem in this game.