Author Topic: What should I buy?  (Read 279 times)

Offline HardcoreCasual

• View Profile
What should I buy?
« on: October 09, 2019, 11:04 PM »
Sorry but I can't think right now and am having a hard time right now finding answers on the main page, the forum and the rest of the internet.

Can someone just quickly confirm which SFC/SNES Everdrive is best/Which one should I buy?

Is it simply the SD2SNES PRO ?

Thank you.

Offline supersign

• View Profile
Re: What should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 02:06 AM »
Go for SD2SNES PRO; it has the most chip enhancement compatibility and (unofficial) save state support.

Super Everdrive is cheaper but significantly lower in compatibility, unless you only want to use it for A Link To The Past Randomizer/ Super Metroid tournaments.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:17 AM by supersign »

Offline animeloverxX93

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 12:00 AM »
Agreed, the SD2SNES Pro is the way to go.

The latest firmware can always be found here: https://sd2snes.de/blog/
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:02 AM by animeloverxX93 »

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 01:23 AM »
Yeah the SD2SNES Pro is the best one overall (as it plays the most games) and its best in a future proofing sense as it may get more features (Game Boy support perhaps?) and games or at least "a game" that being "Far East of Eden" playable on it over time.

However if you just want to play the main/core Nintendo game library of Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, etc krikzz Super Everdrive may be just fine for you.

Ok, ok with Super Everdrive there's a Kirby game you can't play nor can you play Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island but just saying if all you really care about is Super Mario World, Zelda: Link To the Past, Super Metroid, Mario Kart, Street Fighter II and a reasonable amount of popular RPG's the lower priced krikzz Super Everdrive again may be just fine for you.  :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 01:25 AM by protheanbeacon »
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.