Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Music Library (English patch)  (Read 384 times)

Offline frekote

• View Profile
Chrono Trigger Music Library (English patch)
« on: October 15, 2019, 05:22 PM »
Hello. I am trying to use Chrono Trigger Music Library with English patch (https://www.romhacking.net/translations/712/) for BS-X on the sd2snes pro. The Japanese version runs fine. The patched version loads fine in Bsnes without going to the BSX bios, so I imagine it is the patch bypassing the bios causing it not to work. Does this work for anyone else?

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Music Library (English patch)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 04:55 AM »
Good question. I think I was only able to get it to work by going to the bios first. Not sure if their is a bios bypass for the sd2snes?

Offline frekote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 07:05 AM »
Thanks for your reply! Were you using the translation patch? So far all original bs roms load fine through the bios on s2snes for me, including Music Library.

The translated version I have of Radical Dreamers boots straight to the game on sd2snes, so there must be a way for BS games to do this. However the Music Library translation is dated 2003; whoever made the patch probably wasn't too concerned about making it load outside older emulators unfortunately. Like I said in the op it works fine loading it Bsnes, but will NOT if you go through the bios first. And on sd2snes, it automatically boots the bios. So whatever method was used to convert to a normal rom was not totally effective unlike Radical Dreamers. Even if there was a "bios skip" in sd2snes I still don't think it would work. :(

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 08:11 PM »
Hmm, have you tried simply renaming the translated BS rom's extension from .bs to .sfc ?
Radical Dreamers english patch deliberately bypasses the BS Bios to make it work as a regular cart.

Offline frekote

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 05:07 AM »
All of the bs files are sfc extentions :o however I did find one prepatched rom as smc that showed up garbled in bsnes, and didn't load on sd2snes either, after going through the town bios.