Author Topic: Master EverDrive X7 - Has FM Chip ?  (Read 317 times)

Offline pilati

• View Profile
Master EverDrive X7 - Has FM Chip ?
« on: October 26, 2019, 11:45 PM »
Hi guys,

I tried to find if the Master EverDrive X7 has the FM sound chip enabled  but got contradicted info. Does it have it ? Also, I just got the N64 krikzz everdrive V3.0 and notice a new one is avaliable.

Do you know if krikzz has any intention to update the Master's one.

Cheers!

Offline vitaflo

• View Profile
Re: Master EverDrive X7 - Has FM Chip ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Master Everdrive does not have an FM chip, you will not get FM sound out of it.  However, MEGA Everdrive has firmware support for FM when playing SMS games on a Megadrive/Genesis.  Also you could buy a Power Base FM to use on a Genesis with the Master Everdrive to get FM sound that way.

The final option is to use a Japanese Master System with the FM expansion unit with the Master Everdrive to get FM sound.

But by itself, the Master Everdrive on an SMS will not give you FM.

Online Greg2600

• View Profile
Re: Master EverDrive X7 - Has FM Chip ?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:45 PM »
European and North/South American Master Systems do not have the FM hardware in the consoles themselves.  So there's really no point in the cart generating FM music as the consoles have no way to process and output that to your TV/stereo. 

http://etim.net.au/smsfm/smsfm.html

You would need do install this FM board (had it done on mine years ago) with a toggle switch in order to get FM sound out of a SMS with the Master Everdrive.  Or if you have a Japanese SMS, it should do it natively.