Author Topic: Issue with MSU-1 music. Left channel louder than right.  (Read 1321 times)

Offline AndehX

• View Profile
Issue with MSU-1 music. Left channel louder than right.
« on: November 09, 2019, 09:39 PM »
I have a strange issue I've only recently noticed.  The left channel is louder than the right channel when playing MSU-1 audio.  Sound effects are unaffected.
I have a Rev. F. SD2SNES with the MSU-1 audio fix pcb by borti4938.  Any ideas what could cause this?

Offline AndehX

• View Profile
Re: Issue with MSU-1 music. Left channel louder than right.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Well that was a bit anti-climactic...  Turns out one of the pins on the TS922 chip (Output 1 to be exact) wasn't soldered.  I've had this installed in my SD2SNES for almost 2 years now, and only just noticed this issue with MSU-1 audio /facepalm.

Anyway.  I guess this could be useful if anyone else has a similar issue.  Check your soldering.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 10:04 PM by AndehX »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 11:53 PM »
Hmm... that pins situation is interesting. But for me I just turned the audio boost off as music in Castlevania Dracula X was way over the game and removing the boost balances it.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline AndehX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 12:30 AM »
yeah, I can't remember who I bought the PCB fix off of, but he obviously either didn't check his soldering, or just completely forgot to solder that pin.  All good now though.  I have the audio boost turned off too.
Working on my own personal Super Metroid MSU-1 pack.  Bit tedious having to "normalise" all the music, but the result is pretty cool

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 11:26 PM »
yeah, I can't remember who I bought the PCB fix off of, but he obviously either didn't check his soldering, or just completely forgot to solder that pin.  All good now though.  I have the audio boost turned off too.
Working on my own personal Super Metroid MSU-1 pack.  Bit tedious having to "normalise" all the music, but the result is pretty cool

I just love the fact it too me WAY to long to figure out that the boost needed to be set of off to balance it, I went through every setting going up till I almost gave up... how long did it take you to notice it needed it too?
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline AndehX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 01:13 AM »
I'd set it to off when I originally installed the audio fix pcb as that was the point of installing it to begin with.

Offline celindachen

• View Profile
    • Google Street View
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 03:55 AM »
In any case thank you for helping me.