Author Topic: SD2SNES Pro Final Fantasy III Black Screen  (Read 1370 times)

Offline trdpatrick

• View Profile
SD2SNES Pro Final Fantasy III Black Screen
« on: November 20, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Just got my SD2SNES Pro and I can't get Final Fantasy III (rev 0 and 1) to start.  After selecting the game, it just goes to a black screen.  This happens on a Super Famicom and NTSC Super NES.  I can however boot Final Fantasy VI with no issue.  As a test, I also have a physical copy of FF3 and it works on both consoles.  Any help is appreciated.

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES Pro Final Fantasy III Black Screen
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 07:58 PM »
Are your Final Fantasy III (rev 0 and 1) roms matching no-intro's checksum ?
Did you try to disable SD2SNES in-game hooks prior to launching the games ?

Offline floriane67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:26 PM »
i have a old SD2SNES REV F in firmware 1.10.1 and SUPER NT in  latest firmware with final fantasy III  i have not black screen ( the game work in rev 0 and 1)   , and all my games work fine ! , but many people know that the sd2snes pro is buggy
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 08:35 PM by floriane67 »

Offline trdpatrick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 10:20 PM »
It was the cheats.  I deleted the .yml for the game (even though they were all set to FALSE) and it started right up.  I also had cheats disabled and in-game hooks disabled.  The funny thing is, I can reproduce this with real hardware where I took my real FF3 and Game Genie carts and just pressed start without entering any cheats and it also black screened.   ???

Offline floriane67

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 10:51 PM »
It was the cheats.  I deleted the .yml for the game (even though they were all set to FALSE) and it started right up.  I also had cheats disabled and in-game hooks disabled.  The funny thing is, I can reproduce this with real hardware where I took my real FF3 and Game Genie carts and just pressed start without entering any cheats and it also black screened.   ???

i tried and tested on my Sd2snes PRO final fansasy III and appear and work on my super famicom japanese , and tested on my Super NT with my old Sd2snes REV : F  and work fine also , both work
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:53 PM by floriane67 »