Author Topic: is the ED64 v3 discontinued?  (Read 4700 times)

Offline PsychoFox

• View Profile
Re: is the ED64 v3 discontinued?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 02:08 AM »
A bit late to the thread, but would you agree that if I have the v3 (and the 2.5), and am ok without Pokémon Stadium 2, I wouldn't see much, if any, benefit to upgrading to the current one?
I just want to be sure I'm not missing out on anything other than a single game.

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 03:21 AM »
If you have a V3 the only benefit that I know of going to the X7 is there is no region switch to go from NTSC to PAL. V3 plays all the games the X7 does as far as I know.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2020, 09:43 PM »
A bit late to the thread, but would you agree that if I have the v3 (and the 2.5), and am ok without Pokémon Stadium 2, I wouldn't see much, if any, benefit to upgrading to the current one?
I just want to be sure I'm not missing out on anything other than a single game.

That's right. The X7 is basically the v3.0 but with a new hardware design that still functions the same as the v3.0, but was altered because Krikzz could no longer get the hardware that went into the v3.0 (or this new hardware did the same, but was cheaper, something like that). The only difference is that, as Zaphro72 says, the X7 auto-detects the N64's region.

The X7 and the v3.0 both fully support Pokemon Stadium 2 and Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Forest) The v2.0 and the V2.5 can play Pokemon 2 but with some graphical corruption, and they can't play Dōbutsu no Mori because they don't have the real-time clock that the game needs. And with the v2.0 and the v2.5 you have to press RESET on the N64 when you've finished playing a game otherwise it won't save to the SD card, whereas you don't need to press RESET with the v3.0 or the X7.

Offline backdash

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2020, 07:43 AM »
will os 3 be adapted for the everdive v3 in the future?