Author Topic: Could use someone's help for disabling anti aliasing on some games  (Read 731 times)

Offline SlippyToadLives

• View Profile
Got most that I want working with IPS/APS patches.

BUT...

some essential ones aren't meshing well:

1) Star Fox 64 is too dark with patch, and has CRC corrupt prompt but the patch does seem to force anti-AA.
2) castlevania 64 I see retroRGB blur codes and input them, since won't boot with patch, but cant find master code and without it I just get weird vertical lines at boot until I reset the console
3) WaveRace 64 patch doesn't work- won't boot with patch, AND cant find master code or anti-AA codes.

hmm may be others I've forgotten about for now,
as a sidenote, to get Smash 64 anti-AA working, I had to put in 6 codes (and plug in expansion pack) two that were master codes, 4 that were anti-AA, and now it works! looks so much crisper

4) Do I need to have master code for every game to enable cheats? or just some/many?

Thanks

Offline Kasey00

• View Profile
Re: Could use someone's help for disabling anti aliasing on some games
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Got most that I want working with IPS/APS patches.

BUT...

some essential ones aren't meshing well:

1) Star Fox 64 is too dark with patch, and has CRC corrupt prompt but the patch does seem to force anti-AA dreamhost .
2) castlevania 64 I see retroRGB blur codes and input them, since won't boot with patch, but cant find master code and without it I just get weird vertical lines at boot until I reset the console
3) WaveRace 64 patch doesn't work- won't boot with patch, AND cant find master code or anti-AA codes.

hmm may be others I've forgotten about for now,
as a sidenote, to get Smash 64 anti-AA online2pdf. working, I had to put in 6 codes (and plug in expansion pack) two that were master codes, 4 that were anti-AA, and now it works! looks so much crisper

4) Do I need to have master code for every game to enable cheats? or just some/many?

Thanks

Recently I tried out N64 emulation after a long vacation. Eager to try out StarFox 64, I became frustrated as the game appeared too dark--almost pitch black in the Sector Y level (hard path unlocked after accomplishing certain tasks in the first level).

No solution online was found, although I did see other posts about this very issue with no positive resolution. I went through multiple drivers (glide, jabo, gl64, special customs--you name it), but nothing changed, although I did notice Glide64 and its wrapper got rid of some polygon edges separating.

Dumb luck--I fixed the problem! I hope this works for others as well.

I always ran in windowed mode using various Project64 versions. After switching to full screen mode with the Glide64 Final plugin selected (wrapper file placed in emulator directory, default options set), the gamma issue disappeared. Objects were no longer in shadow. Textures and level backgrounds were clear. Switching back to windowed mode made the problem come back.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 07:55 AM by Kasey00 »

Offline Ret

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 02:42 AM »
Recently I tried out N64 emulation after a long vacation. Eager to try out StarFox 64, I became frustrated as the game appeared too dark--almost pitch black in the Sector Y level (hard path unlocked after accomplishing certain tasks in the first level).

No solution online was found, although I did see other posts about this very issue with no positive resolution. I went through multiple drivers (glide, jabo, gl64, special customs--you name it), but nothing changed, although I did notice Glide64 and its wrapper got rid of some polygon edges separating.

Dumb luck--I fixed the problem! I hope this works for others as well.

I always ran in windowed mode using various Project64 versions. After switching to full screen mode with the Glide64 Final plugin selected (wrapper file placed in emulator directory, default options set), the gamma issue disappeared. Objects were no longer in shadow. Textures and level backgrounds were clear. Switching back to windowed mode made the problem come back.

When using Project64, why aren't you using GlideN64 4.0 (not confused with Glide64 which is dead that you are using) which properly emulates the brightness of the original unless your computer is really old or slow? Only plugin to do so as well as with other plugins, the game is too dark due to inaccurate graphics emulation or require that refresh trick. Even the virtual console version has this problem of it being really dark.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 02:56 AM by Ret »

Offline SlippyToadLives

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 09:08 PM »
I don't mean to be rude but can we bring the emulation stuff into another thread?

its not related at all to my ask

Offline Ret

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 07:43 AM »
Sorry. Was responding to someone else.