Author Topic: Master System Everdrive X7 don't work with Power base converter  (Read 801 times)

Offline hyrulebr

• View Profile
Hi

Is the everdrive X7 compatible with power base converter? I think so because I read some people saying yes here but in my case the everdrive boots but in sequence cames the "in-game menu" screen. If I select "save state" or load state" I get a black screen. If I select "back to menu" it returns to the same screen (in-game menu).

I tried several times and after 5 or so resets I managed to enter the folders screen. In options, "ïn-game menu" was already disabled but I enabled it and after some tests I disabled it again: the "
"in-game menu" was loaded everytime anyway. If I repeat the process to get the folders selection screen and pick a game, after load the first screen is a the black screen "in game menu"! I cannot play.  :(

First i want to say that the Everdrive X7 is working fine since I can use it in a US master system. also the power base converter is working fine because I can play some original master system games and even card games worked. but not everdrive X7.

I tried in two japanese mega drives model 1. Both have a RGB amp and one have a region mod (switch in back - in both position same problem). The power base converter is from tectoy but as far as I know are identical as US version.

I've just update everdrive to version 1.04 and still have the same results.

Any tip of what could be the culprint?

Thanks!

Mauricio

Offline hyrulebr

• View Profile
The Same Everdrive X7 and the same power base converter works with a Analogue Sega Sg.  :o

Offline Xofdam

• View Profile
This is from Krikzz's Master Everdrive X7 product page, hope that helps.

"*Due the hardware specifics, in-game menu and save state function does not work with Japanese Mark-III and Genesis/MegaDrive with Power Base Converter"

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
master-ed-x7 should work with power base, i tested with original unit and some modern one (by raphnet technologies). lack of in-game menu is the only limitation