Author Topic: New Master Everdrive X7 problem  (Read 474 times)

Offline aranya

• View Profile
New Master Everdrive X7 problem
« on: December 23, 2019, 10:18 PM »
Hi, I have just received my new Master Everdrive X7 last Thursday. I have tested with two Master System 2 and two Master System 1, all of them european region, I am spanish.
With both Master System 2, there are no trouble, I switch them on and I can watch the Everdrive menu inmediatly, but with both Master System 1 it is imposible to make it works, I only can watch "System Error v2.4".

I tried more than 20 games of my personal collection on each Master System I, and all of them work perfectly, there is no "System error" message, it only happens with Master Everdrive X7.

Why does it happen Krikzz?. I know "System Error" message is because of some issues reading the cartridge, but I tried more than 20 games and all work perfectly.

Both Master System 1 have Safari hunt and Hang-on in memory.

Thank you.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Master Everdrive X7 problem
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 05:02 PM »
Sorry, i can't say why it not working. From PAL region i have only model 2 at the moment. Those error likely related to checksum check fails, but why it happens.

Offline Xofdam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 01:23 AM »
I can confirm the same issue.

Firstly, I have the standard Master Everdrive, this works no issues with my two PAL Master System model 1s (Hang-on and Safari Hunt built in and Missile Command 3D built in) and it works with my Game Gear with Master Gear converter.

However, I picked up the Master Everdrive X7 so I can do save states, as life is busy and figured I can incrementally complete some of my old favourite games. However, I could not get the X7 (OS 1.04) to work with either of my PAL Master System model 1s, I get the following error on both systems:

V2.4
MASTER SYSTEM C SEGA 1988
SOFTWARE ERROR

Also, I could not get the X7 to work on my Game Gear with Master Gear converter, I get "BAD MEMORY" and a red screen.

I did have luck with my PAL model 1 Mega Drive and Power Base converter. I was able to play ROMs etc. (except no in-game menu of course, being on the Power Base converter). My PAL model 1 Mega Drive is modded with region switches and the X7 worked in PAL and NTSC modes.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take advantage of the in-game save state feature of the X7 as I don't have a PAL Master System 2. Hoping it's possible there might be a future OS update for the X7 that fixes this?

Krikzz, is there any way I can help? Can I lend you a model 1 PAL Master System? I'm in the UK.

All the best

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 04:51 PM »
I can confirm the same issue.

Firstly, I have the standard Master Everdrive, this works no issues with my two PAL Master System model 1s (Hang-on and Safari Hunt built in and Missile Command 3D built in) and it works with my Game Gear with Master Gear converter.

However, I picked up the Master Everdrive X7 so I can do save states, as life is busy and figured I can incrementally complete some of my old favourite games. However, I could not get the X7 (OS 1.04) to work with either of my PAL Master System model 1s, I get the following error on both systems:

V2.4
MASTER SYSTEM C SEGA 1988
SOFTWARE ERROR

Also, I could not get the X7 to work on my Game Gear with Master Gear converter, I get "BAD MEMORY" and a red screen.

I did have luck with my PAL model 1 Mega Drive and Power Base converter. I was able to play ROMs etc. (except no in-game menu of course, being on the Power Base converter). My PAL model 1 Mega Drive is modded with region switches and the X7 worked in PAL and NTSC modes.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take advantage of the in-game save state feature of the X7 as I don't have a PAL Master System 2. Hoping it's possible there might be a future OS update for the X7 that fixes this?

Krikzz, is there any way I can help? Can I lend you a model 1 PAL Master System? I'm in the UK.

All the best

I will try to buy one, seems like some available at local flea market

edit:
Found information about checksum calculation bug in some sms bios version, not sure if it source of problem, but looks like possible option. Working over solution... Likely it cannot be fixed without sending cart back for exchange
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:03 PM by KRIKzz »