Author Topic: Some Glitches with the N8 Pro...  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
Some Glitches with the N8 Pro...
« on: December 26, 2019, 01:41 AM »
...Had a little time today to test out the Pro's features and whatnot. Found a few bugs in some games. Not many, but then again I didn't test out all that many...

1) Having some problems with FDS disk switching games. Doki Doki Panic in the OGN8 works fine, but in Pro now I'm getting an Err07 when trying to load. This doesn't seem to matter if Disk Swap is on/off. Always points to Err07. Don't think it's the game

2) VS Excitebike that was patched to work with the real console, appears glitched (just the biker it seems) Again, worked with no problem with OGN8. As a side note though, that long standing bug with the Vs. patched T.K.O. Boxing is gone now. So that now works properly.

3) Caught this one twice. It very well could be from save state abuse but I found Mega Man 3's menu start to glitch out occasionally. I abused save states in MM3 with the OGN8, but don't ever recall this happening.

4) Well there is no 4 yet, but there was also a long standing slight bug with SMB3's ending screen glitching towards the bottom. I haven't tried that game out yet. Will probably do in a few days.

Overall though I'm liking all the new features and especially like how SS are written to the card immediately. Oh and the ridiculous game loading doesn't hurt either... ;)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Some Glitches with the N8 Pro...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 03:09 AM »
Ok, will check it. Could you please share VS Excitebike rom and give more details about megaman menu glitches, or may be screenshot?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 03:11 AM by KRIKzz »

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 07:07 PM »

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 08:27 PM »
OK. Just went through SMB3 for the umpteenth time. Yep, still flickers on the bottom part of the screen. This has been an issue since quite a few firmwares ago on the OGN8. Still present in the Pro.

https://youtu.be/rDvlXK_3rNM

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 01:00 AM »
OK. Just went through SMB3 for the umpteenth time. Yep, still flickers on the bottom part of the screen. This has been an issue since quite a few firmwares ago on the OGN8. Still present in the Pro.

https://youtu.be/rDvlXK_3rNM

Already fixed Excitebike and Doki Doki Panic.
Please share save state file for SMB3 if you have one. Passing whole game for check is too much (:

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 01:46 AM »
No problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fam9soed0ph26m9/Super%20Mario%20Bros.%203%20%28U%29%20%28PRG0%29.00.sav?dl=0

Starts right at the curtain credits. It's pretty inconsistent but it will flicker during the credits and always at the "The End" screen.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 03:38 AM »
No problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fam9soed0ph26m9/Super%20Mario%20Bros.%203%20%28U%29%20%28PRG0%29.00.sav?dl=0

Starts right at the curtain credits. It's pretty inconsistent but it will flicker during the credits and always at the "The End" screen.

It can be game bug. I attached real MMC3 cart in parallel with everdrive, game  was loaded from everdrive but IRQ was controlled from real mmc3 cart and same glitch. Also i seen at least one video on youtube with this glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQXHKm21Wpk
It may not appear on old N8 OS because it has inaccurate irq counter for mmc3

Offline zackcat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 11:59 PM »
By fixing the issues with Doki Doki Panic, do you mean in a future update? Just curious because I am on EDN8-V2.02 and also getting the erro7 issue. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 01:51 AM by zackcat »

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 12:27 AM »
I just ran SMB3 in Mesen for the first time (longtime FCEUX user) and sure enough it's glitching exactly as it does on the N8. Why do I remember it clearly NOT doing that when playing SMB3 back in the day? Sorry KRIKzz....wasted your time looking for an already known bug. My bad.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 05:16 PM »
I just ran SMB3 in Mesen for the first time (longtime FCEUX user) and sure enough it's glitching exactly as it does on the N8. Why do I remember it clearly NOT doing that when playing SMB3 back in the day? Sorry KRIKzz....wasted your time looking for an already known bug. My bad.

Romset contains SMB3 rev.A may be this one without glitches or something. Also old OS version for N8-OG has not accurate irq counter in MMC3 and this bug may hide in-game bug.

By fixing the issues with Doki Doki Panic, do you mean in a future update? Just curious because I am on EDN8-V2.02 and also getting the erro7 issue. Thanks.

Fix will be included in next release

Offline Eicar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 05:25 PM »
I also got "Disk Error" on Metroid (FDS) and Kid Icarus / Hikari Shinwa (FDS) after saving and then trying to load the game again from the menu.
This happens regardless if FDS auto-swap is enabled or not.

-Eicar

Offline ko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 12:53 PM »
Nobunaga no Yabou: Sengoku Gunyuuden
Wario no Mori
Screen drawing is not correct.

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 10:53 PM »
Wario no Mori

Man, you aren't kidding. The entire bottom half of the screen is missing!? I'd file that as one major glitch! Just want to add that this on the pro as well as the original via 1.20 fw.

Offline BarbieOnWeed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 01:33 AM »
Wario no Mori

Man, you aren't kidding. The entire bottom half of the screen is missing!? I'd file that as one major glitch! Just want to add that this on the pro as well as the original via 1.20 fw.
Same thing with Wario's Woods, US and PAL version.

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 02:28 AM »
Can confirm on OG N8 with Wario's Woods. The issue isn't present in V20 RC3, which I kept on my old card.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/