Author Topic: N8 v1.20 official is out  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
Re: N8 v1.20 official is out
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2020, 05:36 AM »
I'm noticing some glitching on the title screen and menus of Namco Classic II. I wanted to goof around with games that use the Namco 163 expansion sound, and came across it that way.

I didn't do a full reformat on this card yet, but would be curious if anyone else can confirm this or not before I do so.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2020, 07:03 AM »
I noticed a few of the ROMs with the Namco mapper have incorrect headers (had to do some searching for Ki no Bouken before I found a ROM that worked. I also had to change the header of the Family Circuit translation to mapper 206). I haven't tested Namco Classic II, though.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 07:14 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2020, 04:41 PM »
Namco classic II is glitching on my N8 on 1.22. I dont think i will ever play that game, just wanted to report

Overall this is so much stable. Much more than the RC1 to RC7 of OS20

Thank you Krikzz

Offline r0r0ha

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2020, 10:41 PM »
I tried out nesos-v1.23 on my N8 using my Sharp Twin Famicom. The menu issues that I saw in the previous beta's with error 51/62 are not as bad as before but still present when switching directories / selecting games sometimes. This problem does not exist on v1.16. And before someone goes knocking my SD cards, I am pretty confident when I say I doubt they are an issue. 1 of them is a SanDisk industrial 8gb SD card. The other is an off the self SanDisk 16GB sd card. Both cards work fine on 1.16 and I can fly through the menus and select games quickly without issue.

Issue's that I saw with StarTropics 1/2 look like they are fixed in this release as well.

Once I realized that the N8 (non-pro) is only supported up to 1.20, I then soon learned you can copy the 1.23 mappers and MAPROUT.bin and just use the 1.20 OS. Wonder how long you can do this for... Seem pretty stable still some occasional errors in menu.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 12:00 AM by r0r0ha »

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2020, 06:46 AM »

Once I realized that the N8 (non-pro) is only supported up to 1.20, I then soon learned you can copy the 1.23 mappers and MAPROUT.bin and just use the 1.20 OS. Wonder how long you can do this for... Seem pretty stable still some occasional errors in menu.

Wrong, if the BIOS comes from here
http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-n8/original-series/OS/
then it's for the old N8 and 1.23 is right there.
It is possible that on your console/N8 combination 1.23 has issues so a hybrid 1.20 + selected files from 1.23 is better for you, but in general it may not work that well for others.

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 06:56 AM »
If you didn't reformat or just replaced the files on the card, that might cause issues as well.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/