Author Topic: My N8(non pro) suddenly stopped working  (Read 159 times)

Offline Bouboule

• View Profile
My N8(non pro) suddenly stopped working
« on: August 04, 2020, 12:28 AM »
Hey everyone  :)

So I received my cartridge today, which was working fine with my NES top loader for about 15 minutes.
I left the room for a few minutes and came back where I left (to the everdrive menu), and it suddenly kinda freezed. I could move the cursor between the EDFC and my NES roms file, but couldn't enter them. It completly freezed after a while.

Since then, everytime I turn on the console, I first get a green screen for a few seconds, then it randomly turns to blue, purple etc.. and keep doing it everytime I hit reset.

I tried differents OS, and I formated twice my SD card (both the quick way and normal way)

Any clue?

Offline Bouboule

• View Profile
Re: My N8(non pro) suddenly stopped working
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 09:13 PM »
Today I also tried with another sd card, still no luck.

When I turn on the console with the everdrive without sd card, it says that the sd card initialization failed, so it can read the cartridge properly.
I also tried the pushing reset several times thing.

Any idea what made it stopped working? It was working just fine and suddenly stopped...

Online zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 09:48 PM »
So the grey then random colors issue kinda sounds like what I had on my frontloader when the N8 was set to the wrong region, but pressing reset a bunch should change that

Offline Bouboule

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 07:03 PM »
I did the reset thing again as shown in the video from youtube, still no luck...

It goes from green for a few seconds, then it turns blue or purple (or black occasionaly), and it change everytime I press reset.

Online zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 07:09 PM »
I did the reset thing again as shown in the video from youtube, still no luck...

It goes from green for a few seconds, then it turns blue or purple (or black occasionaly), and it change everytime I press reset.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the everdrive and cleaning the pin connector on the system?

Offline Bouboule

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 09:56 PM »
My NES reads the cartridge perfectly, as when I don't insert a SD card, I get a message from the Everdrive saying that the SD card initialization failed.

It seems that the problem is coming from elsewhere... What I don't get is that it worked on the first try, and then stopped working without changing anything to the SD card.