Author Topic: EverDrive-N8 PRO bug reports.  (Read 14678 times)

Offline neorocker7

• View Profile
Re: EverDrive-N8 PRO bug reports.
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2020, 09:22 AM »
the volume settings seem to do nothing on the current OS, or at least, nothing for the NSF playback. the NSF player also isn't playing the FDS channel

Audio balancing is not applied to NSF at the moment. NSF uses multiple audio chips and single mapper, but system designed to set one volume per mapper. This problem can be solved using specific configuration for nsf mapper, i will work over this in future update.
There is no fds channels because all expansion chips not fits in fpga at the same time.

interesting! it would be interesting to have a way to select a specific player, for example, if you only use 2a03 and fds. but either way, it's good to hear you'll be working on the volume issue!

Offline mt777

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2020, 01:22 AM »
Contra 168in1, #15, garbled screen

https://maciejewski.com/pegasus/edn8pro/168in1.jpg
rom: https://maciejewski.com/pegasus/edn8pro/168in1.nes

45in1, unsupported rom message
45-in-1 (JY-120A)(As) [!].nes
rom: https://maciejewski.com/pegasus/edn8pro/45in1.nes]https://maciejewski.com/pegasus/edn8pro/45in1.nes

Both work on Nestopia

« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 01:25 AM by mt777 »

Offline CarnageAsada

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2020, 05:59 AM »
Having some issues loading FDS games running OS v2.06:

Michael English Daibouken: Stuck at the title screen, tried to manually swap disks with the FDS button. Still no response.

Kineko - Kinetic Connection - The Monitor Puzzle: Game starts up but displays "err 23".

Offline WhiteHat94

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2020, 07:47 PM »
Some other FDS issues with the Everdrive N8 Pro. Here is a spreadsheet showing the compatibility we found with every FDS game, on both regular Everdrive and Pro, both on latest firmware.

Green works.
Pink works on Pro, but not regular N8.
Red does not work on either.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1frtgSgFAacAPj3C2H6mH44mfyAXRRbU35AdM5w-JkHw/edit?usp=sharing

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2020, 01:28 AM »
Some other FDS issues with the Everdrive N8 Pro. Here is a spreadsheet showing the compatibility we found with every FDS game, on both regular Everdrive and Pro, both on latest firmware.

Green works.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1frtgSgFAacAPj3C2H6mH44mfyAXRRbU35AdM5w-JkHw/edit?usp=sharing

Might want to change that SMB2j for the FDS to "partial working". It does indeed work, but only up to a point. The game will lock up at various points after World 4-4, accessing special Worlds etc. Even though the game is one sided, it still internally loads data (I think it loads things like upside down pipes, wind effects etc.....which are only featured on worlds 5-1 and up.)

*EDIT Oh and thats for the original N8 and Pro

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2020, 04:17 AM »
Mario bug definitely related to some changes which i made for n8 pro mapper and then ported back to og-n8. May be some other games has problems by same reason. It should be fixed in next release anyway.

Offline ecmyers

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2020, 06:40 AM »

Green works.

Re: Dead Zone on FDS, I've been trying to play the recently released English translation on my OG EverDrive N8, and while it technically works as indicated, you cannot save without switching to Side A, and  it is somewhat critical to save often in text adventures. I assume the manual switch on the N8 Pro would make it possible to switch back to Side A to save your game.

Offline some_canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Hello, I recently acquired a PRO, quite happy with it so far, but I noticed when I press the reset button I sometimes get error 40.  Power off and on and I'm back in the menu again. Not sure if my sd card is bad, but it seems to work otherwise.  Thanks

Offline mt777

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2020, 12:38 PM »
@Krikzz. What about my reported issues?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2020, 08:59 PM »
Hello, I recently acquired a PRO, quite happy with it so far, but I noticed when I press the reset button I sometimes get error 40.  Power off and on and I'm back in the menu again. Not sure if my sd card is bad, but it seems to work otherwise.  Thanks

What type of console?

@Krikzz. What about my reported issues?
Didn't look on this yet

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 09:03 PM »
Mario bug definitely related to some changes which i made for n8 pro mapper and then ported back to og-n8. May be some other games has problems by same reason. It should be fixed in next release anyway.

That's great to hear. One other small note  ; There seems to be something odd going on with mapper #66. It works fine on the Pro, not so much on the original N8. My ROM hack found here...

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4917/

...does not work and loads to a gray screen on the original N8.

Offline some_canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2020, 09:13 PM »

What type of console?

NES frontloader, not sure which rev CPU/PPU.  I can check in a couple hours.

edit: NES-CPU-08 pcb, G rev CPU/PPU
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 12:00 AM by some_canuck »

Online nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2020, 11:20 AM »

Green works.

Re: Dead Zone on FDS, I've been trying to play the recently released English translation on my OG EverDrive N8, and while it technically works as indicated, you cannot save without switching to Side A, and  it is somewhat critical to save often in text adventures. I assume the manual switch on the N8 Pro would make it possible to switch back to Side A to save your game.
I think disk sides are stored in FDS image files sequentially, this includes additional disks in multidisk games: 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B etc.
There are no games that spans more than 2 disks (4 sides), but there is technically no limit and a possibility for homebrew to have more. I don't have a pro yet, but I imagine that if you are on 1B on a 2-disk game and needs to return to side A to save, you would need to press the button 3 times to go back to 1A (or however the disk swap works).

In that compatibility list, what is the problem with the Famicom Mukashibanashi games, the Famicom Tantei Club games, Tantei Jinguuji Saburou and Time Twist? If the FDS button works as it should, it should be possible to switch to any side at any time like on a real FDS, that's the point of the button.

Offline WhiteHat94

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2020, 08:01 PM »
I don't know how multi-disk games work, so I did not test them myself on the Pro, but the red for them just means that trying those disks by themselves they don't work, obviously since they are the 2nd or 3rd disk.

Another small FDS issue, save states do not work with Fire Rock.

Online nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2020, 12:47 AM »
OK in that case it's not a problem at all. The second disk in multidisk games are generally not bootable, although they could be. If you try to boot the wrong side you would get A. B. SIDE ERR at least.