Author Topic: Buzzing noise from new Everdrive GB X7  (Read 707 times)

Offline DBINV776

• View Profile
Buzzing noise from new Everdrive GB X7
« on: January 17, 2020, 11:50 PM »
Good evening!
I just received my Everdrive GB X7, I bought from DragonBox Shop (the shop managing the everdrive.de dealer) one week ago (Model 17, Rev.C, dated 20.02.2018).
I put a class 10 16 GB SDHC card and copied the OS version 1.03.

It works perfectly, but I noticed that it is producing, especially when loading the OS, on the menu and when flashing a game, a "buzzing" noise on the speakers, which is, in any case, quite low but still noticeable (it is quite constant, but it has some variations towards high frequencies when, for instance, flashing or loading a game, moving beetween menu entries, ...).
When I play a game, the noise is even more reduced, but it is still there, and can be hardly heard when keeping the GBC volume low.

If I plug-in external headphones on the GBC this buzzing sound is instead much more noticeable, especially when the volume of the game is very low (or zero).

I was wondering... Is it normal? May this be due to my GBC, which is old and it has been used a lot in the past?

Thank you very much in advance!

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
Re: Buzzing noise from new Everdrive GB X7
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 06:58 PM »
I've got an X3, and yeah, that's normal. That's mostly SD card access noise sneaking in. I'm sure KRIKzz knows more about why it happens, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/