Author Topic: a few simple questions  (Read 305 times)

Offline DukeOfURL

• View Profile
a few simple questions
« on: February 09, 2020, 04:51 AM »
I'm relatively new and inexperienced with Everdrives.  I have a couple questions:

1) Is a hard plastic case available for the Everdrive GBA X5, similar to GBA games?

2) I have the following files in /GBASYS on the card.  I want to do as much as I can with this thing, so I would like to verify is it complete, or am I missing anything?
SAVE/         
EMUSAVE/       
ROMCFG/     
GBAOS.GBA     
REGISTRY.BIN 
smsadvance.gba
goomba.gba   
pocketnes.gba
contents.txt 

3) Many of my GBC games display the message "This game pak is specially designed for Game Boy Color" "Please use a Game Boy Color Unit to play this game"

4) The games in my GBC folder that do play, don't show in color, but in their default black-on-yellow.  Why do they not appear in color?  They are .gbc files...

thanks

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: a few simple questions
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 05:09 AM »
I'm relatively new and inexperienced with Everdrives.  I have a couple questions:

1) Is a hard plastic case available for the Everdrive GBA X5, similar to GBA games?

2) I have the following files in /GBASYS on the card.  I want to do as much as I can with this thing, so I would like to verify is it complete, or am I missing anything?
SAVE/         
EMUSAVE/       
ROMCFG/     
GBAOS.GBA     
REGISTRY.BIN 
smsadvance.gba
goomba.gba   
pocketnes.gba
contents.txt 

3) Many of my GBC games display the message "This game pak is specially designed for Game Boy Color" "Please use a Game Boy Color Unit to play this game"

4) The games in my GBC folder that do play, don't show in color, but in their default black-on-yellow.  Why do they not appear in color?  They are .gbc files...

thanks

1) no
2)looks good
3)that it Goomba problem
4) again Goomba problem

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: a few simple questions
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 08:16 AM »

SAVE/         
EMUSAVE/       
ROMCFG/     
GBAOS.GBA     
REGISTRY.BIN 
smsadvance.gba
goomba.gba   
pocketnes.gba
contents.txt 

thanks

1. As their was no case based off the X5's cart style which was based off the GBA game Yoshi's Topsy Turvy this was one of the only GBA games that will not fit in a GBA case due to how long and wide it is even a standard GB type case cannot hold it.

2. The only ones are missing are the PC Engine ones, Neo Geo one and the SNES ones but I don't think they had a gba bios as they already run on the X5 just by changing the file directory or converting the file to be a GBA rom.

3. The goomba emulator has the ability to change to either GB/GBC/GBA in the settings if a game wont work set the variant to a different format then reset the game from the menu to get the game to work.

4. As with before the emulator is likely set to a different mode.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!