Author Topic: Ganbare Goemon 3 Controversial Translation Patch  (Read 1816 times)

Offline WaveRacer

• View Profile

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Ganbare Goemon 3 Controversial Translation Patch
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 06:32 PM »
If memory serves me well the unaltered one is still on romhackings site under the non Addendum add on patch. It's not gone under the rarest rom to find of all times after being uploaded and removed like Star Ocean: Blue Sphere.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:24 PM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 02:28 AM »
Thanks waveracer.

Richard no, they updated it with “version 4” which was a removal is the “uncensored” version of the patch. After people still complained even with the compromise.

https://nichegamer.com/2020/02/08/goemon-3-english-fan-translation-now-only-includes-slur-free-patch/

I found a copy of the blue ocean English translation rom but not the patch. It’s buggy incomplete patch though as I understand It.

Now a patch I’ve wanted to find was the one for Satteliview Excitebike. Apparently it worked if applied to part 3 excite bike rom and with part 4. If you had applied it to both of those you’d have access to every track and every character. The problem is I’ve not found the patch only the patched part 4 rom.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 02:34 AM by Galron »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 05:36 AM »
Richard no, they updated it with “version 4” which was a removal is the “uncensored” version of the patch. After people still complained even with the compromise.

https://nichegamer.com/2020/02/08/goemon-3-english-fan-translation-now-only-includes-slur-free-patch/

I found a copy of the blue ocean English translation rom but not the patch. It’s buggy incomplete patch though as I understand It.

Very strange indeed as when I last checked the additional patch was just to remove the slur still though the Star Ocean patch was still the weirdest thing to be removed from romhackings site as I still remember when it was posted and even was still in the updated games on their front page at the time.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 03:27 PM »
the Star Ocean patch was still the weirdest thing to be removed from romhackings site as I still remember when it was posted and even was still in the updated games on their front page at the time.

Ya, the story goes it was taken down because, it was 'stolen' from the original programmer. Who had only made it for themselves, probably with machine-language translation. It was work in progress, thus had a number of bugs (it crashes throughout, and apparently saves can 'erase themselves'). The group that stole it was using it to sell bootleg copies, and someone who stole it leaked it to Romhacking.net.

The original programmer made the request to have it removed.

There have been other hacks removed for containing copyrighted material as well. For example they once had a romhack for Super Mario Advance 3 that turned it into version in the Virtual Shop on WII-U with all the extra levels. Because the patch contained the code for those extra levels it was removed.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 05:42 PM »
Try this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bXXRBpZbEXyqqspL5lR4m9po3-1XGDUT/view

Thank you! who knows what kind of harassment they kept receiving to have to close their twitter accounts and make a final patch de-slurred.

What's next? are we rewriting history books, novels, newspapers, movies?
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 10:13 PM »
Try this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bXXRBpZbEXyqqspL5lR4m9po3-1XGDUT/view

Thank you! who knows what kind of harassment they kept receiving to have to close their twitter accounts and make a final patch de-slurred.

What's next? are we rewriting history books, novels, newspapers, movies?

This is a dangerous topic and I think you already know that ^^ But yes, these idiots and SJW brainf*rts will try that too. Anyways back to topic. I recommend to preserve the real translation before someone really manages to make the file vanish forever.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 04:44 AM »
Absolutely agree... thanks again for the link.

Such a world we live in with thought police, and Gestapo-like tactics... 1984 is real...

When will they make other games 'disapear' (so you can't buy them anymore or find them)... Just because they had 'offensive' material? Leisure Suit Larry anyone?

Can't say I'll ever look look at Kurt Kulata the same way again, turning everything into 'politics'... and creating inquisition to destroy people... Apparently even Byuu criticized him...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:46 AM by Galron »

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 01:00 PM »
the shame is that i was hoping that since they done 2 and 3 that they might get around to translating the 4th game in the series but that probably will not happen now due to this fiasco :(
 i don't understand what the big deal was here. all that the translator did was to translate what was already in the original game and he also included a variation patch with a non slur version so people who may get offended can use the non slur one.
 it's not like the accurate version which contains the slur is the opinion of the translator in any way. if people are so outraged by this why not contact the people who made the game just to get nowhere.
 this is just stupid like when tv channels refuse to rerun old shows with offensive content. those shows are a product of the time and should not be judged by todays standards. if you don't like it don't watch or play it.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 04:37 PM »
I still have the v2 patch on my HDD, so here's another link to it in case any others go down.

https://mega.nz/#!MjogxQga!YYysZhgioRGGt4zvBBBUdDmwedSwFy9IC_Rzp4S60wY

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 02:59 AM »
the shame is that i was hoping that since they done 2 and 3 that they might get around to translating the 4th game in the series but that probably will not happen now due to this fiasco :(
 i don't understand what the big deal was here. all that the translator did was to translate what was already in the original game and he also included a variation patch with a non slur version so people who may get offended can use the non slur one.
 it's not like the accurate version which contains the slur is the opinion of the translator in any way. if people are so outraged by this why not contact the people who made the game just to get nowhere.
 this is just stupid like when tv channels refuse to rerun old shows with offensive content. those shows are a product of the time and should not be judged by todays standards. if you don't like it don't watch or play it.

The worst part for me is that Tom and DDStranslations spent THOUSANDS of hours working their asses off to give these translations to the entire community for FREE. And all these self-righteous, self-entitled haters from CancerEra still felt like the guy deserved tons of harassment for translating a word. I retweeted at least 10 trans people on twitter who said they didn't give a shit... so who are they virtue signaling to? what have they given to the community? grief?

I can't wrap my head around this. It was free. Thousands of hours of their lives given away for free, and they get crap for it.  I'm so bummed now.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 07:31 AM »

I know was hoping for the entire series to be translated. They were working on all of them... As well as a handful of other RPGs on the SNES.

I think there is another company working on 4, but I hope they don't trounced either... Since apparently there might be 'much worse' stuff in the humor of the 4th game...

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 04:16 AM »
knowing they were working all on of them makes the situation worse :( i didn't know this.
 hopefully the other guys will get 4 done.
 maybe Tom and DDStranslations will come back after the dust settles. it would be sad to see the morons win and prevent talented passionate people working on and releasing these great translations for us to enjoy.
 i remember back in the 90's loving the first game western release and then trying to play the sequels and getting stuck due to language. after all these years i can play 2 and 3 and hopefully 4 in the future.
 these really are a great series of games. 

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 06:03 AM »
Does anyone have a back up of the buggy Star Ocean GBC patch?

It's unfortunate that they both TOm and DDS cot 'cancelled'... if anyone diserved 'cancelation' I'd suggest Kurt Kulata, for escalating it and making it very political....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 06:11 AM by Galron »