Author Topic: put together this cover with a partial template..  (Read 6763 times)

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
put together this cover with a partial template..
« on: April 16, 2014, 04:21 AM »
This cover is from a half finished cover i had downloaded to my hard drive. I did not make the front or the spine but i did create the back and i switched up the front a little bit.
constructive criticism and feedback are welcome. thanks

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:49 AM by kmksoulja »

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
Re: put together this cover with a partial template..
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Nice! Although, you should get rid of the Virtua Racing screen shot since the cart can't run the game, unless thats from the 32X no?
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Where the krikz logo and the made in Ukraine ?
:)
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 12:16 AM »
pretty nice cover :) now make a PAL version (blue) ;)
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 11:50 PM »
"Plays Sega Master system games on your Sega Genesis without the Sega Base Converter.*"
"*Must be connected with the 32X attachment"

and

"Holds every Sega Master System, Genesis, and 32X** games on one cartridge."
"** Must be connected without the 32X attachment."

I think something got mixed up.  SMS games can't be played with 32X attachment, and 32X games can't be played without the 32X attachment.  It's also worth pointing out that SMS games won't play on X'Eye or Wonder Mega because it does not properly reset video mode from from Mega ED menu to play SMS games.  A design deficiency in X'Eye and Wonder Mega system.  One would need to use power base converter and either SMS carts or Master ED to play SMS games on X'Eye or Wonder Mega.

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 12:10 AM »
Nice work kmksoulja. Btw to those wondering the front picture derived from the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection cover, with some clever modifications.
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 03:18 AM »
the file has been fixed. thanks guys
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:43 AM by kmksoulja »

Offline kapi21

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 12:29 AM »
Me encanta. Muchas gracias

Offline johnyept

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 06:43 PM »
It looks great, but I'm also from Europe so I would prefer a "Mega Drive" cover. Something like the Sega Mega Drive Classics for PS4, XOne and Switch, where it shows multiple characters seemingly jumping from the Mega Drive logo, but in this case they would be jumping from the EverDrive cartridge! Characters like Sonic, Shinobi, Ryu (Street Fighter 2), Axel/Blaze (Streets of Rage), Gilius (dwarf from Golden Axe), among other well known characters and symbols. The back looks great as it is, the only modification I would do is not adding text, or saving the image in a format that allows us to translate the text to localize the cover, something like a text layer.

Offline Alvis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 09:12 AM »
While we're offering commentary on five-year-old clearly dead threads, what's with the "1992" in the rear cover text?

Is there some particular significance that I'm missing? It's not the year the Genesis/MD nor 32X came out. So why 1992?

Offline johnyept

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 10:54 AM »
The only reference I found is that in Christmas of 1992 the Genesis was the best selling "toy". Either that, or it's the year that kmksoulja got his Sega Genesis  ;)

I only noticed it was an old thread after replying to it... I'm making my own PAL blue cover (well, trying to) and when I'm finished I'll open a new thread for members to post their custom cover creations for any system. It should be based in free tools like Paint.net and I'll even share the links to the images I used as source and the .pdn created by the program with all the layers separated for easier modifications. By the way, I replaced the Bar Code with a QR Code pointing to Krikzz.com  8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:57 AM by johnyept »

Offline cor094

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 09:12 PM »
Thank you so much for your work! I used your design, but changed the spine using a template from The Cover Project (from user Hexxxer) to match the other covers in my collection. I thought I would share in case anyone else was interested. The template is designed for universal game cases I believe, so if using it for a genuine Genesis case, you may need to tweak dimensions slightly. If you do not want me to modify your image, please let me know and I will delete this right away. Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 09:34 PM by cor094 »