Author Topic: [Help] grey screen with Everdrive N8 Pro + Famicom AV + NESRGB + NESRGB-IGR  (Read 4956 times)

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
Did this get figured out? I just got my install from voultar and Im having the same issue. I can get the n8 pro to load when pressing reset but I lose control over the pallettes and its automaticalling scrolling through them by itself and never stops.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 08:17 AM by kerryking1 »

Offline jonas

• View Profile
If Voultar did the install, we can assume, that he moved the cap correctly (he came up with that fix after all) and this is an unrelated issue. Is yours one of the earlier carts? Maybe you need to exchange it for one of the newer ones that include a fix for the non working high def nes systems.

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
I ordered the n8 pro famicom version after the nes n8 pro came out

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
Thats mine

Offline kerryking1

• View Profile
Is the fix just changing it from 5v to 3.3v? I was going to try that but for sone reason I couldnt get the solder to melt, I guess my soldering iron doesnt get hot enough.

Offline heldma1m

• View Profile
Did this get figured out?

Not yet, I'm still waiting for a solution. :-(

Offline heldma1m

• View Profile
Thats mine

I think the issue isn't related to the N8 Pro. The only solution right now is to remove the NESRGB-IGR.

Offline aliak11

• View Profile
I just installed a NESRGB-igr in a AV-Famicom and ran into this same problem, and I found that it will work if you start the console with the controller unplugged, and then press the reset button, after that you can plug the controller back in, and everything seems to work just fine. I have an NESRGB 2.0, and one of the newer N8 Pros with the 3.3v jumper. All of my real game carts that I have tested don't have this problem, just the Everdrive N8 Pro.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 01:44 PM by aliak11 »

Offline jonas

• View Profile
I finally got to test the n8 pro on my nes toploader with igr mod installed and I'm also seeing the same issue. The cart will fail to boot, the workaround mentioned by aliak11 works for me as well. I have one of the newer carts here and I have the reset cap moved over to the mod board, so this is definitely not the solution here. The original n8 doesn't have this problem.

Offline ffpsx

• View Profile
I can verify that I am experiencing the same thing. I have the latest N8 Pro and it is having issues booting after NESRGB-IGR install. I have the cap moved over and I tested with a known game to have the issue moving the cap fixes and it works fine. (Mickey Mousecapade)

Maybe a different cap could resolve this?