Author Topic: Master System Cheat Codes (Requests go here)  (Read 158909 times)

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
Re: Master System Cheat Codes (Requests go here)
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2016, 09:17 PM »
I've been using your program to patch cheat codes into games for most of my Everdrives.  So far the only problems I've been having are with games on my Mega Everdrive.  When I play a standard ROM, I have no problems, but if I used the same ROM patched with game genie cheat codes, I get a red screen.  Any idea what might be causing this?  So far every other EverDrive I've played with patched cheat codes has worked perfectly (and I own almost all of them).  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I know that the Mega EverDrive has built in Game Genie support.  I haven't tried using that because I've found your program to be much easier for me. If I have to, I'll try that route, but I thought I would mention it here first.  Also, I know this thread is for the Master EverDrive, but I wasn't aware of a similar thread for the Mega Everdrive, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Thanks. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2016, 06:52 AM »
You need to patch the checksum with uCON64. Download this and save ucon64.exe to the same directory as GGGuy.exe. It should be fine after that. If not let me know of the game/code and I'll take a look.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ucon64/files/ucon64/ucon64-2.0.0/ucon64-2.0.0-win32-mingw-bin.zip/download

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2016, 08:10 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure I have uCON64 installed properly.  I've successfully patched cheat codes for NES, SNES, Master System and PC Engine, and isn't uCON64 required for all of those other than NES?  No problems with any of the other systems.  While doing some other testing, I did manage to get Splatterhouse 2 on the Genesis to work with unlimited health.  But for some reason I can't get any other Genesis games to work.  I'm specifically trying to get unlimited lives with TMNT The Hyperstone Heist.  I even tried to download a different ROM and still no luck.  For the record, the ROM I'm trying to patch plays just fine if I don't try to patch the cheat codes in, so I'm pretty sure the ROM is ok. 

I also wondered if having the 32x installed could be a problem since the Mega Everdrive has a few features that are not compatible if the 32x is installed, but I think that theory is out the window since I was able to get Splatterhouse 2 to work with unlimited health with the 32x installed.

Thanks again for your help.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2016, 08:18 AM »
It is optional with those systems but needed for Genesis. Check the folder where you have GGGuy. If you don't see ucon64 then it isn't there.

Some Genesis games give a red screen when their code is altered. This has to be fixed by the uCON64 utility.

I know that game works because my kiddo and I play it with infinite lives.

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2016, 08:31 AM »
Here's a screenshot of my folder.

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2016, 04:46 PM »
Thanks. Make sure the checksum box is getting checked automatically. If not then check it. If you are still having grief paste the full ROM name and codes you are using. That game is from Konami and they do red screen on failed checksums.

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2016, 09:47 PM »
Thanks. Make sure the checksum box is getting checked automatically. If not then check it. If you are still having grief paste the full ROM name and codes you are using. That game is from Konami and they do red screen on failed checksums.

I agree with what you said in the original post.  I don't really care about most Game Genie codes.  I just want unlimited lives so that I ca play through until the end.  I sometimes want unlimited health for games that put you way back when you die, but the TMNT beat'em up games don't do that so unlimited lives works just fine.  I hope to play this game with my son like you currently do, but he is too young at the moment to play any games. 

I appreciate you helping me out with this.  I was pretty sure that I had the checksum box checked, but just to be safe I tried it again last night, but still no luck.  The game I'm specifically trying is TMNT The Hyperstone Heist, but I'm not really sure what you mean by full ROM name, so if you could clarify, I would appreciate it.

Here are the Game Genie codes I was trying to use.

ADCT-CAGC       Infinite lives„player 1
  ADFA-CAB2        Infinite lives„player 2 
  BXYA-CA6L        Deadly attack uses no life points player 1
  BXYT-CA2G        Deadly attack uses no life points player 2

However, I would be happy with just infinite lives for player 1.

Thanks again.

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2016, 10:59 PM »
I just retried it and had no issues. Make sure your rom is named "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Hyperstone Heist (USA).md" so that we are on the same page. Here is what my setup looks like.

And here's an IPS file just for grins. You can apply this with GGGuy or LunarIPS.

http://srktt.com/files/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Hyperstone Heist (USA) GG.ips
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 11:03 PM by Kyle »

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2016, 07:38 AM »
Thanks again for your help.  I'll take another look at this tomorrow since today was pretty busy and I ran out of time.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks.

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2016, 04:48 AM »
Success.  When I used your ips file to patch the ROM it worked.  I still don't understand why it wasn't working the other way, but oh well.

Thanks again for your help and quick responses.  I'm really enjoying The Hyperstone Heist.  I was a huge Turtles in Time fan and I'm really glad that this is a different game and not just a port.  It's almost like Turtles in Time with new levels. 

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2016, 11:12 AM »
Good deal. I would really need to see the before and after roms to tell you why it wasn't working. I suspect ucon64 isn't running for some reason. If you run into this again I would try some other checksum fixing utility after you patch the codes. Here's one for example.

https://segaretro.org/ESE_FixCheckSum

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2016, 05:32 PM »
I will keep that in mind next time.  Thanks again for your help.

Offline FlashRockinMan

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2016, 12:38 AM »
Thanks for the cheats Kyle, do you have any for Master of Darkness on the master system?

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2016, 01:34 AM »
Master of Darkness (Europe)

Infinite Lives (DFBA)
1159:3A
Infinite Energy (CA3A)
46F8:3A

Offline FlashRockinMan

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2016, 04:50 AM »
I'm not sure how to use those codes, I've just been patching the roms with the IPS files you shared. do you have an IPS file for the infinite lives code? thanks again