Author Topic: GBA Everdrive with savestates????  (Read 890 times)

Offline themechanicalkoopa

• View Profile
GBA Everdrive with savestates????
« on: March 27, 2020, 03:29 AM »
Any chance there will be a GBA Everdrive with savestates I really would love to learn GBA Super Ghouls n Ghosts but I don't think I can do it without savesates. Any news of something like this in the works? I'd buy 2 or 3 of them!!!! And give some to friends so they can take advantage of them as well :)

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: GBA Everdrive with savestates????
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 03:33 AM »
Any chance there will be a GBA Everdrive with savestates I really would love to learn GBA Super Ghouls n Ghosts but I don't think I can do it without savesates. Any news of something like this in the works? I'd buy 2 or 3 of them!!!! And give some to friends so they can take advantage of them as well :)

EZ-Flash Omega has that no waiting

Offline Jayleonis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 05:10 PM »
Can someone explain this further. It says all save states supported as one of the features on the info page for the gba ever drive X5. 

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 05:45 PM »
It means the different ways that actual GBA games save, Save states aren't something that traditional cartridges/systems do.

It also says "All save types" not "All Save States"

Offline Jayleonis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 07:21 PM »
Does this mean the ever drive gba x5 does not do the save states even for the emulators it’s compatible with? Like how you can save the game progress at any screenshot basically and resume it there later when using emulators on pc

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 12:08 AM »
Does this mean the ever drive gba x5 does not do the save states even for the emulators it’s compatible with? Like how you can save the game progress at any screenshot basically and resume it there later when using emulators on pc

The x5 does not support savestates as you describe for gba games.
Emulators may or may not as their features are not dictated by the x5.
As was mentioned above, if you want savestates in gba games you'll need an EZ Flash Omega.

Offline Jayleonis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 02:09 AM »
Thanks. So for the emulator savestates, do the emulators that come with the gba x5 support save states? Like the nes emulator.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 02:42 AM »
Thanks. So for the emulator savestates, do the emulators that come with the gba x5 support save states? Like the nes emulator.

PocketNES and X5 does not come with any emulators
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:14 AM by Shadow666 »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 06:53 PM »

PocketNES and X5 does not come with any emulators

Their likely referring to when packs used to contain them which just allowed you to add them to the device hence the reason why they would appear to be built in as they were included in the data of the device which I think was the SAV area. To make things more awkward was their was a topic floating around saying that it supported emulators so its easy to think the device supported emulators to begin with.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Jayleonis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 12:08 AM »
I don’t really understand lol. I was about to buy the x5 but want to make sure it’s capable of ,when running the nes emulator, being able to use the save states that let you save at any screen

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 05:22 AM »
I don’t really understand lol. I was about to buy the x5 but want to make sure it’s capable of ,when running the nes emulator, being able to use the save states that let you save at any screen

If memory serves me well it allows you multiple save states on the nes emulator so you can save at any screen and go back without it changing the game speed or music in any way, the other emulators that had this feature was the Gameboy ones and the Sega ones sadly the Neo Geo Pocket, PC Engine and SNES ones do not support save states in any way or possibility to use them anyway.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline mofoofinvention

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 01:03 AM »

yes, the nes emulator has save states