Author Topic: Multiple Save States  (Read 672 times)

Offline Lamprey

• View Profile
Multiple Save States
« on: May 02, 2020, 02:30 AM »
Hi,

I'm going to be getting a FXPAK Pro, when they are available, and had a question about the save states. How does it create a save state for a particular ROM? Is it based on the ROM Name or Path or a combination?

The scenario I'm curios about is, say two people want to play the same game and each have their own save state. Can you just rename the ROM something like "Game_PersonA" and "Game_PersonB"? OR Can you crate a folder for each person and put the same ROM in each folder? Or something else?

Cheers!

Offline FartPuff

• View Profile
Re: Multiple Save States
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 08:33 AM »
unique filenames:
thegame_fartpuff.smc
thegame_lamprey.smc

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 05:51 PM by FartPuff »
retroUSB AVS / EverDrive N8 / Analogue Super NT / SAG SD2SNES Pro ( Mk. III Rev. B ) / Game/System collection

Offline Lamprey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 11:18 AM »
Perfect!

Thanks!

Offline WaveRacer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 12:30 PM »
Are you asking about battery saves or save states? AFAIK the Pro doesn't yet have save state support (unless I've missed a firmware update??) but if you are asking about standard battery saves then FartPuff is correct that two copies of a rom with different names will produce separate saves.

The hacked firmware with save states for the older non-Pro model also creates save states based on the file name but if you're getting a Pro that won't be an option.