Author Topic: McWill + EverdriveGG 7 + SMS = hmmmm  (Read 932 times)

Offline Moosepete

• View Profile
McWill + EverdriveGG 7 + SMS = hmmmm
« on: May 31, 2020, 11:16 PM »
So I am thrilled with my newly acquired McWill modded Game Gear system, and equally as pleased when I got my GG Everdrive in the mail!

As far as my Master System collection, when I play them on my Everdrive, they all display like this. If I use the hotkey combo, and exit back to the main menu, it comes out of it and returns to normal.

I've only found one other mention of this issue googling, and a reply hinted that the mod had an issue.  Anybody here have any idea what might be up?

Offline soulfunkdjx

• View Profile
Re: McWill + EverdriveGG 7 + SMS = hmmmm
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 02:12 PM »
2 Options
1) Try changing the extension of the rom you are trying to play from .sms to .gg and try again.
2) If you hold START button + 1+ 2 your screen will start changing modes, so i hope one them to fix your image.

Offline Moosepete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:04 PM »
Ok, thank you for the tips. I tried changing the extension of the rom to .sms and it did change things, but not correctly. I've attached a photo of "Hang On & Safari Hunter" SMS rom, with the .gg extension.

Offline soulfunkdjx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 08:06 AM »
For me the opposite is working great. I mean from .gg to .sms.
Try it on castle of illussion for game gear

Offline MasterofBiscuits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 06:19 PM »
So I am thrilled with my newly acquired McWill modded Game Gear system, and equally as pleased when I got my GG Everdrive in the mail!

As far as my Master System collection, when I play them on my Everdrive, they all display like this. If I use the hotkey combo, and exit back to the main menu, it comes out of it and returns to normal.

I've only found one other mention of this issue googling, and a reply hinted that the mod had an issue.  Anybody here have any idea what might be up?

This is caused by a missing wire on the Mcwill mod. There should be a wire that goes from T10 and R23 (1 ASIC version) or T10 and T11 (2 ASIC version) and it's either missing or is not making a good connection.