Author Topic: Wonderswan Flashcarts  (Read 872 times)

Offline r1ggles

• View Profile
Wonderswan Flashcarts
« on: June 05, 2020, 05:32 PM »
I've been googling around a bit, and can't say I've found much info. Are there any rumors or speculation of a new WonderSwan flashcart in the works? The Flashmasta hasn't been sold for two years and has some compatibility issues as well as other pretty bad limitations.

Not even a hint of one being done, either interest shown by Krikzz, or even the Flashmasta being made available again. There really is nothing at the moment, which is really limiting with translations like WS Chocobo Dungeon getting made. Any glimpse of hope for this system would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Wonderswan Flashcarts
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 06:24 PM »
If an Everdrive WS is made with perfect (or as perfect as possible) compatibility and work with both Wonderswan and Color/SwanCrystal, I would buy it.

...And a Wonderswan so that I could use it.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 04:05 AM »
some compatibility issues
Do you have more info about this?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline r1ggles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 09:19 PM »
some compatibility issues
Do you have more info about this?

https://forum.freeplaytech.com/showthread.php?tid=4411&page=8

As well as Makaimura not having sound apparently? That forum is pretty much inactive and these posts are old.

I think the WonderSwan is especially interesting to get a flashcart for due to the Wonder Witch coding competitions that took place in Japan.
My point in posting about the WS here is to maybe get some more info on the Flashmasta from those who own it as well as to see the interest in a new flashcart coming for the system. It's for sure a very underappreciated system.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 03:20 AM »
It sounds like the Flashmasta is missing support for a certain save type and relies on EEPROM patches to save in those games.
Too bad they tested the unreliable goodset though.

Yes there are lots of homebrew that requires special equipment to play, so a good Flashcart would be great.
The Wonderswan did quite well, better than the Neo Geo Pocket, which also deserves an Everdrive at some point.