Author Topic: Mega ED Pro  (Read 16203 times)

Offline LeoLion

• View Profile
Re: Mega ED Pro
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2020, 02:18 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply.

I didn't know about Sewer Shark (Not For Resale) version, I will try this version later after work.

Just out of interest, do you know why Double Switch has the stuttering audio on a Mega Sg?  I am not complaining, just curious as to why it only happens with this game.

Keep up the amazing work!

Offline Lord Awesomesauce

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2020, 03:53 PM »
Just out of interest, do you know why Double Switch has the stuttering audio on a Mega Sg?

You'd probably have to ask Kevtris. Sega CD on the Mega Sg can be hit-and-miss, some older firmwares work better than newer ones for specific games. But at the same time some games like Chuck Rock don't work well in older firmwares but do in the newest, so your results may vary depending on the firmware version you're using.

Offline mistermorcus

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2020, 09:12 PM »
Are save states/menu only available in certain Genesis games? I found that in Demolition Man that I cannot get the button combinations to work.

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2020, 09:32 PM »
Do you have a 32x connected? it will block the in game menu abilities if you do

Offline mistermorcus

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2020, 09:42 PM »
No. I'm actually running it off of my sega nomad. I haven't played a lot of genesis games, but it works in Spiderman Maximum Carnage just fine so it got me curious. I'm also running it off of the 4.03 firmware.

Offline LeoLion

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2020, 09:49 PM »
Not all Mega Drive/Genesis games are compatible with the in game menu. The manual states “In-Game menu does not work for games which do not use v-blank handler”, so it’s probably due to that. The only game I’ve come across so far that isn’t compatible with the in game menu is Asterix and the Great Rescue.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 09:57 PM by LeoLion »

Offline LeoLion

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2020, 11:40 PM »
@KRIKzz I can confirm that Sewer Shark (USA) (Not For Resale) version for the Sega CD does indeed work absolutely fine without any audio stuttering on my Mega Sg, so I highly recommend people use that version above all others.

Offline Phades

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2020, 10:52 PM »
So far I can't seem to get any Sega CD games to load, I just get a Sega CD splash screen with a muted color pallet. Regular Genesis games work fine. I've updated the firmware on my Mega SG and changed SD cards to a Samsung EVO 256GB. I've also tried a couple different Sega CD bios files but no luck so far. What is the recommended US bios version?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2020, 11:59 PM »
So far I can't seem to get any Sega CD games to load, I just get a Sega CD splash screen with a muted color pallet. Regular Genesis games work fine. I've updated the firmware on my Mega SG and changed SD cards to a Samsung EVO 256GB. I've also tried a couple different Sega CD bios files but no luck so far. What is the recommended US bios version?

any bios should work. diagnostics menu doesn't show any problems?

Offline Phades

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2020, 07:01 AM »
any bios should work. diagnostics menu doesn't show any problems?

I applied the 4.04 update and now everything is working fine! Must have been some issue with the files I had before.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2020, 10:37 PM »
i wonder if the rev 1 (rev a) version of sewer shark also has the audio glitch fixed. the not for resale version has 3 dumped versions for redump. rev b reb b alt and rev b alt 2. anyone know which one is verified good?
 is the issue with the original sewer shard usa version a problem just with megadrive/genesis 2 or does it play fine with an original megadrive/genesis?
 i read a long time ago that the mega cd 2 has compatibility issues with 2 games but it was ages ago and i can't remember what games. not that this should be an issue when using mega everdrive pro. more of a curiosity.
 i held off re-buying a mega cd for a number of years in hopes of sd solution but if i were to have purchased a mega cd it would have been the original phat version to avoid that incompatibility issue.

Offline TKHX

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2020, 04:17 PM »
Master System FM sound in Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap seems to be broken. I got the FM sound working, but the different channels do not sound correct. Some channels are really thin in the background.
Other FM games I tried sounded correct.

Offline chrisw80

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2020, 10:12 PM »
I know it's not Sega, but would rock to see other systems (GB and GBC, maybe GG find a way around that color pallete limit) and more time spent on the NES core. Maybe even release the source for it and lets others work on it.

Otherwise it rocks. When I received the Mega Everdrive Pro I sold my Mega SD and am never looking back. Though, wish we could figure out how to convert saves between the 2 carts. The save splitter app, only works with internal ram and can't convert ram cart saves. Also, not having any luck with Genesis/Megadrive games. Thankfully Sega Master System games are drag and drop compatible without conversion.

Offline jonnnlad

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2020, 03:38 PM »
@Krikzz - Will in-game menu be added for Sega-CD?

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2020, 05:23 AM »
got my pro in the mail a few days back but i have been kinda busy.
 i was just wondering how you guys are setting up your cards for the sega cd games. are you placing each game in it's own folder?
 what about games on more than one disc. do you place them all in one folder?