Author Topic: Mega ED Pro  (Read 16199 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Mega ED Pro
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2020, 07:35 PM »
I don't have mine yet but I'm planning to do that. I do that with roms as well on all my Everdrives if there are more than one regional version or revision of the rom.

Offline peterlanders

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2020, 10:10 PM »
You’ll definitely want your multi disc games each in its own folder, and ensure that the cue and bins are named properly (apart from the disc numbers). I only had to do some manual renaming on the Scottie Pippen one, to get rid of the character name, to make the auto disc switching work. Speaking of which: it simply cycles through the discs in sequence, so going from disc 1 to disc 4 takes a few clicks. But it works perfectly!

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2020, 02:54 AM »
ok cheers guys. i gather that folders within folders works ok. for example cdgames/sonic cd/files?
 regarding needing the disc number being at the end of the filename is it ok if the disc number is inside()
 i usually name my files something like this
 sherlock holmes (cd 1).bin
 sherlock holmes (cd 2).bin
the above is not the actual filename but an example. would this be ok or does the () cause issues?

Offline peterlanders

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2020, 06:50 AM »
As long as the final digit in the name is the disc number you’re good.

As for folders in folders, that’s fine, but make sure all the cue/bin files for a single version of a particular game are kept together in a single folder. MEP will offer to play the game when you select the folder itself.

Be sure to download the manual, it explains the rules at least to a certain extent.

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2020, 10:28 AM »
Hello.
I'm interested in it but I have a question : I understand the MegaCD isos won't run if the MegaCD console is plugged. But would the Genesis/MS roms run normally if the MegaCD is plugged ? I have a full bundle, I still use CD into the MegaCD, I'm interested in the full card for the future if my MegaCD is down but I want to keep now my full bundle and don't want unplug the MegaCD.
Thanks for your answer(s)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 02:02 PM by pegoncology »

Offline arthur071169

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2020, 03:43 PM »
Is there any intention to provide a NES core that will work with 50hz titles (PAL/ UK?)

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2020, 10:29 PM »
Hello.
I'm interested in it but I have a question : I understand the MegaCD isos won't run if the MegaCD console is plugged. But would the Genesis/MS roms run normally if the MegaCD is plugged ? I have a full bundle, I still use CD into the MegaCD, I'm interested in the full card for the future if my MegaCD is down but I want to keep now my full bundle and don't want unplug the MegaCD.
Thanks for your answer(s)

Anyone could help me ? Thanks

Offline johnyept

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2020, 12:09 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what is the height of the Mega Drive II + Mega Drive Pro inserted in the slot?

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2020, 12:25 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what is the height of the Mega Drive II + Mega Drive Pro inserted in the slot?

Mega Everdrive Pro is same size as normal Genesis cartridge.

Offline johnyept

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2020, 09:09 AM »

You're right, I completely forgot! The Mega SD is the bloated one :)
I wonder if there will be a Black Friday discount this year? I bought my Everdrive X5 directly from Krikzz but now it's only available through authorized dealers, which I don't know if they'll follow the same discount. I would buy the ED Pro in a heartbeat and then sell my X5 at a later date.

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2020, 04:33 PM »

You're right, I completely forgot! The Mega SD is the bloated one :)
I wonder if there will be a Black Friday discount this year? I bought my Everdrive X5 directly from Krikzz but now it's only available through authorized dealers, which I don't know if they'll follow the same discount. I would buy the ED Pro in a heartbeat and then sell my X5 at a later date.

Krikzz has said that there will be the Black Friday discount and Everdrive.me is essentially the same as the old Krikzz store. Stoneage Gamer usually does the Black Friday pricing and last year Krikzz lowered the prices on Amazon for Black Friday if I remember correctly.

Offline johnyept

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Thanks for the info. Might buy more than one Everdrive then ;)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2020, 04:28 PM »
ok cheers guys. i gather that folders within folders works ok. for example cdgames/sonic cd/files?
 regarding needing the disc number being at the end of the filename is it ok if the disc number is inside()
 i usually name my files something like this
 sherlock holmes (cd 1).bin
 sherlock holmes (cd 2).bin
the above is not the actual filename but an example. would this be ok or does the () cause issues?

It will work. Disk number should be last number in the file name, also all files should have the same name except disk number. This is the only requirements.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2020, 05:38 PM »
@Krikzz - thanks for responding to this. so by last number in the filename the ) at the end does not make a difference at all? the mega ed pro only looks for the last number no matter where it is located in the filename?
 there is another issue i would like you to clarify. someone posted here that running ntsc sega cd games on a pal console will have issues even if you use 60hz setting with region modded system due to the actual console hardware still being 50hz speed. have you had experience with such issues.
 if it is the case that there are timing issues when running ntsc cd games on a pal megadrive then would installing a dfo mod fix such issues?
 i know the dfo mod fixes these issues with a ps1 but i'm not sure if the dfo and mega everdrive pro would work well together and if the dfo would be able to detect game hz speed since the games are launched from the mega ed pro menu and would the dfo still be able to detect change in game hz this way or does the dfo only detect game hz speed from boot?
 i hope i explained the dfo question ok. i was finding it hard to know exactly how to word it sorry.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2020, 07:03 PM »
Simply system seek decimal numbers in the file name and last of found numbers will be recognized as disk number.
As for pal games on ntsc systems or visa versa: you need actual 60hz for ntsc games or 50hz for pal, just an region changing mod is not enough (megakey can change regions without any mods, but not actual frame rate). CD games is pretty sensitive to timings and lot of them will not work properly on different region. I don't know how dfo mods dealing with auto region switching, so at the moment i can't say something about this stuff.  By the way, there exists one interesting solution which allow to switch console region, frame rate and even overclock the cpu, and this all working via gui menu called from controller using hot-key combo. It called MEGASWITCH: https://youtu.be/DOXWpRxZNPs