Author Topic: Mega ED Pro  (Read 19092 times)

Offline zem

• View Profile
Re: Mega ED Pro
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2020, 11:40 AM »
If you have a Mega SG, you don't even need an Everdrive. Unless you really need save-states or Sega CD support, just use the jailbreak firmware which lets you load ROMs.

But the Jailbreak firmware was not updated for a long time as I see and there are more recent official firmware versions. Do you see the problem? I think you do  not only lose savestates with the jailbreak solution but also having newer and official firmware versions.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2020, 04:53 AM »
so i got the redump set in preperation for mega everdrive pro and the set contains games in bin/bin format. fro some reason i thought redump was bin/wav for mega cd images but i was wrong.
 i have some images which are not available from redump. these are trurip i think and the images are bin/wav format. has anyone tried bin/wav with the latest os?
 it would be great to know if this format also works. i can get my set all ready while waiting for mega everdrive pro knowing everything should work.

Offline Sargon

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2020, 04:22 AM »
Has anyone in the United States received their order yet?  My shipment was processed in Kiev on July 5 and I haven't seen a tracking update since.  I know shipping is slow right now, but at what point should I start to get concerned?

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Has anyone in the United States received their order yet?  My shipment was processed in Kiev on July 5 and I haven't seen a tracking update since.  I know shipping is slow right now, but at what point should I start to get concerned?
Wait at least 5 weeks.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline wezlyons

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2020, 04:52 PM »
If you have a Mega SG, you don't even need an Everdrive. Unless you really need save-states or Sega CD support, just use the jailbreak firmware which lets you load ROMs.

But the Jailbreak firmware was not updated for a long time as I see and there are more recent official firmware versions. Do you see the problem? I think you do  not only lose savestates with the jailbreak solution but also having newer and official firmware versions.
There isn't an official firmware that is newer than the latest jailbreak firmware.

Latest Jailbreak firmware - JB7.7 2019-11-19
includes all fixes from official firmware v4.7 (which is the latest official firmware).

Offline ophone

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2020, 06:21 PM »
Wait at least 5 weeks.

Same for deliveries to western Europe?

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2020, 07:14 PM »
My past experiences with deliveries, being in Western Europe, is usually 2 weeks from the date of dispatch.

Offline wezlyons

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2020, 10:13 PM »
Mine took 11 days from dispatch to delivered.
I'm in the UK.

Offline indask8

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2020, 06:17 PM »
I'm having issues with the NES core on my Mega SG

It works, but no sound and it's extremely slow even on simple compatible games (Super Mario Bros 1), is it a known issue ? OS 4.02

Genesis and Master System games works fine.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2020, 10:12 PM »
I'm having issues with the NES core on my Mega SG

It works, but no sound and it's extremely slow even on simple compatible games (Super Mario Bros 1), is it a known issue ? OS 4.02

Genesis and Master System games works fine.

For the mega-sg you should deactivate zero-lag option, otherwise console does not match to the original genesis timings and it will broke nes core.

Offline indask8

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2020, 09:23 AM »
For the mega-sg you should deactivate zero-lag option, otherwise console does not match to the original genesis timings and it will broke nes core.

Thank you, it's working now  :)

For reference here is what need to be enabled on the Mega SG if someone has the same problem :
- Settings / Video / enable "Advanced mode" / buffer mode / select "Fully buffered" or "Single buffer" instead of "zero delay"
- Settings / Audio / select "enable cartridge & cd audio"

Offline oakleez

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2020, 07:31 AM »
Received my MED Pro today... for some reason it won't load 32x games.

I just have a model 2 genesis with 32x attached.  Genesis roms load fine.  32x roms just give a black screen.

Same 32x roms work fine with my older x5 everdrive on the same hardware so I know the files are good.

Tried on OS v4.00 and 4.02 with same result.

Any ideas? Do you accept returns if I received a bad unit? 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 07:48 AM by oakleez »

Offline Chriss

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2020, 08:57 AM »
Received my MED Pro today... for some reason it won't load 32x games.

I just have a model 2 genesis with 32x attached.  Genesis roms load fine.  32x roms just give a black screen.

Same 32x roms work fine with my older x5 everdrive on the same hardware so I know the files are good.

Tried on OS v4.00 and 4.02 with same result.

Any ideas? Do you accept returns if I received a bad unit? 

It worked fine for me with a MD1 and 32x, just make sure you have the correct region rom for your system and they are unzipped.

Offline Metro City

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2020, 11:56 AM »
it's a good product, but the menu graphics should be redone....

Offline oakleez

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2020, 04:56 PM »

It worked fine for me with a MD1 and 32x, just make sure you have the correct region rom for your system and they are unzipped.

Yeah, it's not the files. They work fine on the same hardware using my Mega Everdrive x7. The Pro fails.