Author Topic: Mega ED Pro  (Read 19398 times)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Re: Mega ED Pro
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2020, 10:49 PM »
thanks for the response Krikzz.
that megaswitch mod looks great. the dfo does the same sort of thing but only has one function. it detects the hz game signal and sets the timings to ntsc or pal.
 i already have switchs to set 50/60hz and region so i only need the dfo and it is cheap.
 i will need to find out if the dfo auto detect is somehow not going to work because of the mega everdrive pro os.
 hopefully the dfo will detect the change in hz signal at anytime and not just on bootup if that makes sense.
 i will ask about.

Offline Akumajo77

• Admin and tester Recalbox system
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2020, 10:35 PM »
Simply system seek decimal numbers in the file name and last of found numbers will be recognized as disk number.
As for pal games on ntsc systems or visa versa: you need actual 60hz for ntsc games or 50hz for pal, just an region changing mod is not enough (megakey can change regions without any mods, but not actual frame rate). CD games is pretty sensitive to timings and lot of them will not work properly on different region. I don't know how dfo mods dealing with auto region switching, so at the moment i can't say something about this stuff.  By the way, there exists one interesting solution which allow to switch console region, frame rate and even overclock the cpu, and this all working via gui menu called from controller using hot-key combo. It called MEGASWITCH: https://youtu.be/DOXWpRxZNPs
Hi Krikzz, I have a Pal Asia (Japanese plate with capacitance) with switchless (it unlocks the real 60hzs in that model), and it does not matter what region I put, both in Pal, as in the USA and Japan, there are games that music plays  It slows down and does not make a good reading, if at that moment, it pauses, it fixes itself, but if you can't pause and it loads, the game most likely crashes, I already have videos prepared to advertise a product of  $ 200 that you are selling, and it does not work correctly, what's more, you stop commenting on this topic, as well as the jerks of the intro of the popuf mail, why don't you know how to fix it, at least for now, yes, you are charging  while these failures continue.
The legend Will never die

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2020, 10:49 PM »
Check if the Master clock oscilator matches a true 60hz machine.

If it matches the clock of a Pal 50hz system, only pal 50hz CD games will run correctly and only with the vdp setting to 50hz.

Try with an unmodified console.

Offline Akumajo77

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2020, 11:00 PM »
Check if the Master clock oscilator matches a true 60hz machine.

If it matches the clock of a Pal 50hz system, only pal 50hz CD games will run correctly and only with the vdp setting to 50hz.

Try with an unmodified console.
I played a Japanese final fight on a Japanese console, and on my other Pal Asia console, with microsd Kodak, lexar and 128gb sandisk in exfat format, (in fat 32 almost all games fail), I have passed it three times  on each console with those three cards, on both models, with Kodak, not only did the music slow down, that the end was not seen, just a black screen and background music, with lexar and sandisk, the end looked good, but  the music kept failing in its reading, all this, in both models of plate, exactly the same errors, perhaps the question would be, have you tried to play it with those models?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2020, 02:33 AM »
Simply system seek decimal numbers in the file name and last of found numbers will be recognized as disk number.
As for pal games on ntsc systems or visa versa: you need actual 60hz for ntsc games or 50hz for pal, just an region changing mod is not enough (megakey can change regions without any mods, but not actual frame rate). CD games is pretty sensitive to timings and lot of them will not work properly on different region. I don't know how dfo mods dealing with auto region switching, so at the moment i can't say something about this stuff.  By the way, there exists one interesting solution which allow to switch console region, frame rate and even overclock the cpu, and this all working via gui menu called from controller using hot-key combo. It called MEGASWITCH: https://youtu.be/DOXWpRxZNPs
Hi Krikzz, I have a Pal Asia (Japanese plate with capacitance) with switchless (it unlocks the real 60hzs in that model), and it does not matter what region I put, both in Pal, as in the USA and Japan, there are games that music plays  It slows down and does not make a good reading, if at that moment, it pauses, it fixes itself, but if you can't pause and it loads, the game most likely crashes, I already have videos prepared to advertise a product of  $ 200 that you are selling, and it does not work correctly, what's more, you stop commenting on this topic, as well as the jerks of the intro of the popuf mail, why don't you know how to fix it, at least for now, yes, you are charging  while these failures continue.

I tried Japanese final fight with NTSC console and can't see any problems. As far as there is no mass reports about such problems it looks more like some problem on your side, may be bad cd images or something wrong with bios files. As for Popful Mail - problem already solved and fix will be included in next os release.
Unfortunately i don't have any ideas how we can solve your problem, so it seems like the best solution in this situation just return your cartridge.

Offline Akumajo77

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2020, 02:55 PM »

I tried Japanese final fight with NTSC console and can't see any problems. As far as there is no mass reports about such problems it looks more like some problem on your side, may be bad cd images or something wrong with bios files. As for Popful Mail - problem already solved and fix will be included in next os release.
Unfortunately i don't have any ideas how we can solve your problem, so it seems like the best solution in this situation just return your cartridge.

What bios do you use, megacd or mega cd 2?  have you passed the game?  why the end stays with the black screen when you want, other times it looks ...

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2020, 03:09 PM »
I using cdx bios for us region and mcd2 for other regions. i didn't pass whole game

Offline Akumajo77

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2020, 04:17 PM »
I using cdx bios for us region and mcd2 for other regions. i didn't pass whole game
I'm using the megacd 2 bios, I don't think that's the problem, but I'll try the megacd bios and so I'll have more videos crashing.  Surely I sent you the cartridge back, 99.9%

Offline venalaine

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2020, 03:28 PM »
I just experienced something weird when I started to play Lunar - The Silver Star (Sega CD game, USA). The game started and I watched intro movie, but after that completely different game, Robo Aleste (USA) started to run. In other words the game changed automatically. Robo Aleste was the game I played before Lunar but the console was turned off between these game sessions. However, I think this has something to do with saves. When I played Robo Aleste there was some question about creating new save slot (or something). Does anybody know why this happened and what settings I should check so that this won't happen again?

Offline Darthlean

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2020, 01:09 AM »
Hello friends, I am from Brazil and I have the x7, and I would like to know about the compatibility with nintendinho games, because I either buy a super famicom and its everdrive or I buy the MEGA EVERDRIVE PRO.Thanks and what could you say?

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2020, 01:38 AM »
Hello friends, I am from Brazil and I have the x7, and I would like to know about the compatibility with nintendinho games, because I either buy a super famicom and its everdrive or I buy the MEGA EVERDRIVE PRO.Thanks and what could you say?

If you really and truly want to play NES/famicom games go with the famicom and that everdrive. The NES emulator on the Pro is really just a novelty and not meant form serious NES/famicom gaming.

Offline Darthlean

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2020, 03:40 PM »

If you really and truly want to play NES/famicom games go with the famicom and that everdrive. The NES emulator on the Pro is really just a novelty and not meant form serious NES/famicom gaming.
Thanks for the answer, friend, the truth is that here in Brazil the pro reaches twice as many with third parties, and the library of the sega cd in my view is weak, so my real "ambition" is to have a larger library, and if with the pro would be more of the same since my X7 runs everything, now if the pro runs the 32X without the additional 32x there it would be worth the price that arrives here in my beloved corrupt country.

Offline peterlanders

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2020, 05:43 PM »
Thanks for the answer, friend, the truth is that here in Brazil the pro reaches twice as many with third parties, and the library of the sega cd in my view is weak, so my real "ambition" is to have a larger library, and if with the pro would be more of the same since my X7 runs everything, now if the pro runs the 32X without the additional 32x there it would be worth the price that arrives here in my beloved corrupt country.
While the Pro supports 32x ROMs, you still need a real 32x to actually play them. So it sounds like you’ve probably got everything you need with the X7. The NES core on the Pro is really neat, but as @zaphro72 says, it’s just a fun bonus feature, not a substitute for a full NES solution. Many games work really well, but it’s far, far, far from 100%.

Offline Darthlean

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2020, 07:53 PM »
Thank you friend for answering, the only games I use on the sega cd are eternal champioms, shining force cd and lunar for what I saw, now if it came 32x in the future I would be extremely crazy to buy it, because my childhood dream was the complete library of mega.More years KRIKZZ Launches Mega Everdrive PRO PRO SUPER ULTRA DLC .Thanks my friend
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 07:55 PM by Darthlean »

Offline Phades

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2020, 11:19 PM »
I'm having an issue trying to boot up Heart of the Alien. Instead of going to the Sega CD boot screen and then starting the game, it goes to a different colored version of the boot screen that is completely frozen. It used to do this on Sonic CD as well, but that seems to have been resolved with a later bios version. I've used this same ISO on an emulator and it worked fine. Curious if anyone else has seen this?