Author Topic: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)  (Read 13841 times)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2020, 04:36 AM »
Thank you I'll need to sort those out then into my 'broken' folder then until things are fixed.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2020, 04:43 AM »
Thank you I'll need to sort those out then into my 'broken' folder then until things are fixed.

No problem I hope they help also sorry for shortening the in 1 list as it was originally made for my Super Card SD years ago so I had to limit how many characters were inputted in the file name, thankfully the rom date will help you weed out the ones that the SGB can't run as will the kbs of how big they are, if I recall some came from a really old pack which the others came from the hand held underground...

Also those pallet colours on those 3 games never seemed to have any enhancements when they were added despite them saying they were enhanced games for the SGB so those codes will do it well.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2020, 04:14 PM »
FURiOUS released a merged SGB and save state firmware: https://github.com/furious/sd2snes/releases/tag/v1.10.3-v12

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2020, 03:25 AM »
The Robopon games use the HuC-3 mapper which has a beeper and the GB Kiss (an IR device). How would such extra hardware be implemented in the SD2SNES that lacks it?
HuC-1 (GB Kiss), MBC6 (large flash), MBC7 (accelerometer), Gameboy Camera (B&W digital camera) and TAMA5 (beeper, RTC and IR device) are also mappers that requires special hardware.

The beeper and IR are useless... emulators that run the game just run the game. The only reason you'd want the IR device is for sharing data, something not required for just simply enjoying the game and playing it as an RPG. So there is no reason not to inlcude the mapper compatiblity just for playing the game itself.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2020, 04:27 AM »

No problem I hope they help also sorry for shortening the in 1 list as it was originally made for my Super Card SD years ago so I had to limit how many characters were inputted in the file name, thankfully the rom date will help you weed out the ones that the SGB can't run as will the kbs of how big they are, if I recall some came from a really old pack which the others came from the hand held underground...

Also those pallet colours on those 3 games never seemed to have any enhancements when they were added despite them saying they were enhanced games for the SGB so those codes will do it well.

I'm a bit confused what you mean by 3 games?

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2020, 10:24 AM »
I notice there are a handful of games that nave no unique borders but only hae the lmited of enhancments, like Aien Wars has its own color palette but no border, and it appears to ahve enhanced 'snes' sound effects.

Beethoven game seems to only have its own graphics scheme, but no special borders.

Samurai Showdown has its own graphics colors, but no special borders.

This happens on the regular Super Gameboy too. So I don't think its a but with the way SD2SNES does things.

I might have to start creating a new folder for games without 'borders', just so I can remember which ones have the most limited of enhancements...

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2020, 10:33 AM »
The Robopon games use the HuC-3 mapper which has a beeper and the GB Kiss (an IR device). How would such extra hardware be implemented in the SD2SNES that lacks it?
HuC-1 (GB Kiss), MBC6 (large flash), MBC7 (accelerometer), Gameboy Camera (B&W digital camera) and TAMA5 (beeper, RTC and IR device) are also mappers that requires special hardware.

The beeper and IR are useless... emulators that run the game just run the game. The only reason you'd want the IR device is for sharing data, something not required for just simply enjoying the game and playing it as an RPG. So there is no reason not to inlcude the mapper compatiblity just for playing the game itself.
The hardware is a normal part of how the game is played, so I fail to see how it's useless. It's perfectly useable. Feature-incomplete mappers could still be implemented though so the game at least runs, like how most emulators do it until they find the time to support it properly.

The emulator GBE+ is notable for supporting many obscure features that no other emulator supports. I'm rooting for its progress.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2020, 11:26 AM »
What I meant is the IR port is for Mutiplayer features, robot trading. When you use on a Super Gameboy in general you won't be using those multiplayer features, but only accessing the Super Gameboy Featuers, since the IR can't be aimed at other copies of the game in that configuration.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/18/18412495/nintendo-game-boy-anniversary-robopon-gb-kiss-hudson-software-pokemon

In addition robopon IR uses its own 'replacable' battery, the game is completely playable if you don't have the battery in the game... You just don't have access to multiplayer features...

Let's be fair other multiplayer features are 'disabled' on a classic Super Gameboy too, seeing as it didn't have the multiplayer port (that was added in super gameboy 2).

I mean its not the biggest deal, I have a copy of the Robopon specifically for using in my super gameboy, to access the super gameboy border enhancment if I want to... But having that mapper included in Super Gameboy support on the SD2SNES would a nice thing....

And let's also talk about the Rumble Gameboy games... Rumble is useless on a Super Gameboy, so that gets 'disabled' too when on a Super Gameboy (even though its part of 'normal game play' on the handheld itself).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 11:32 AM by Galron »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2020, 01:20 PM »
I'm a bit confused what you mean by 3 games?

Micro Machines, Get Chuu and Hole in one golf games for the Game Boy series all seemed to have a rom tag of SGB Enhanced yet when played on the device it has no enhancements for them whatsoever so those codes in the imgur link restore the pallets they would have had.

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2020, 06:27 PM »
I'll have to double check Micro Machines and Get Chuu...

But pretty sure HOle in ONe Golf has a built in color pallet and a button to 'switch' between on and off (the button swithc itself is a 'enhancment' but rather boring one at that, not every game has it)... No special borders though... Its very rudimentary SGB support... THere are dozens of games that have this no borders + default and off pallets (I.E. two built in pallets).

Now there is one game Mary Kate and Ashley's Party Planner, which does have a SGB tag in the data, but doesn't have any noticeble difference, and just defaults to normal SGB default colors.

There are also a handful of games that are listed as SGB on their box and cartridge but have no SGB tags in the game or support. There is at least one game that has SGB code but its not accessible in the game, but peple found an unused border in the code.. WOuld be nteresting if someone modded it to add it in!

Ok, ya HOle in one Golf just defaults to regular colors. So unless it had any code it was disabled. I'll have to double check that one on actual hardware too... But its probably another like Marry Kate and Ashley with the code there saying it is SGB game, but actually lacking any actual known enhancements.

Surprisingly Get Chou has 'enhanced' colors on the Jaleco company screen for a second before swiching to SGB default colors.. That's got to be the most boring 'enhancement' ever in for a Super Gameboy game...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:33 PM by Galron »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2020, 06:56 PM »
"Micro Machines"

This one isn't showing up as SGB Enhanced on any of the No-intro sets I've looked at most do have "SGB Enhance" listed for the games that are enhanced.

Ok and here is the what's what on Hole in ONe golf...

https://tcrf.net/Hole_In_One_Golf

Turns out that it's only SGB enhancement is to turn off the rumble on the cartirdge (disabling the rumble is the 'enhancment' inon all the rumble GBC games, very few of the rumble games had actual had borders, SGB colors or any other enhancments.). Boring! Also it was aprently going to get a border, but never did.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 07:13 PM by Galron »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2020, 08:38 PM »
I'll have to double check Micro Machines and Get Chuu...

But pretty sure HOle in ONe Golf has a built in color pallet and a button to 'switch' between on and off (the button swithc itself is a 'enhancment' but rather boring one at that, not every game has it)... No special borders though... Its very rudimentary SGB support... THere are dozens of games that have this no borders + default and off pallets (I.E. two built in pallets).

Now there is one game Mary Kate and Ashley's Party Planner, which does have a SGB tag in the data, but doesn't have any noticeble difference, and just defaults to normal SGB default colors.

There are also a handful of games that are listed as SGB on their box and cartridge but have no SGB tags in the game or support. There is at least one game that has SGB code but its not accessible in the game, but peple found an unused border in the code.. WOuld be nteresting if someone modded it to add it in!

Ok, ya HOle in one Golf just defaults to regular colors. So unless it had any code it was disabled. I'll have to double check that one on actual hardware too... But its probably another like Marry Kate and Ashley with the code there saying it is SGB game, but actually lacking any actual known enhancements.

Surprisingly Get Chou has 'enhanced' colors on the Jaleco company screen for a second before swiching to SGB default colors.. That's got to be the most boring 'enhancement' ever in for a Super Gameboy game...

What's sad is I easily found the proper pallets those games would have used by a simple look at my SGB book that came with the device, if I recall one was based off a custom pallet for Super Mario Land, while the other was a pallet used for a Kirby game while the last was a Links Awakening pallet.. I think I altered the colours for one of them but it was along time since I listed those codes next to the rom itself so I dunno xD

Get Chu Club gets a nice forestation of a green yet not too sickly pallet when you input this code for custom pallet: 5311-9613-5723

Hole in One Golf gets a similar themed pallet though it actually blends in here when you input this code for custom pallet: 0771-3515-6243

Hot Wheels - Stunt track driver gets a white and red pallet that I indeed remember it's nothing too fancy but was the best one I could a just when you input this code for custom pallet: 7342-1534-9243

Keep in mind its been years since I tried out those custom colors but they should be close to how it originally would have looked if they had the enhancement colors
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 08:44 PM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2020, 08:52 PM »
It's likely that they were 'unfinished' like with Hole In One Golf... That's why the pallets are there, but just arne't used on hardware.

Hole-In-One's unused palletes:

Unused Palettes
Palette transfer and set commands for the Super Game Boy are not loaded. Using the Game Genie codes 100-7FB-4C7 + 410-80B-E63 will enable these palettes. The Game Genie code ??1-11B-E6A will also allow the player to set the palette to anything other than 00
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 08:54 PM by Galron »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2020, 08:57 PM »
Also custom palletes are cool. There was a whole Nintendo POwer Player's Guide on custom palletes and codes for several games that was fun to look at...

With additionof save states to Super Gameboy, it would be possible to setup a number of custom pallets for each game, and create a savestate to lock those colors in so you can load it up every time you start a new game.. or keep saving it if you are playing a game with a save feature already.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2020, 09:00 PM »
Also there are a number of games for some odd reason 'technically don't default' to SGB default color scheme, but are intentionally coded with the default color scheme.... For example Ms. Pac-Man GB, Pac-Man GB, Play Action Football, Radar Mission, Tetris 2 GB, Top Rank Tennis, and Wave Race all have a specific programmed color scheme in the SGB themselves but were assigned specifialy the same colors as the default colors, for whatever odd reason. At least I think the colors are exactly like default colors, but its possible they are onl slightly off, form default colors.

Edit:
Seems there were a number of enhancements that weren't finished... like Super Gameboy multiplayer modes... and what's up with the greyscale color pallete was that supposed to be the real 'default' color pallete as it was suposed to have? Or is that its Gameboy COlor graphics?
https://tcrf.net/Hot_Wheels_Stunt_Track_Driver_(Game_Boy_Color)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:08 PM by Galron »