Author Topic: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)  (Read 10640 times)

Offline snakeman

• View Profile
Re: Super Game Boy 2 (Beta)
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2020, 06:32 AM »
Is there a way to adjust audio levels? The gameboy sound is too quiet and so games that use both like Kirby Dreamland 2 the snes sounds are overpowering it. Plus just using the super gameboy 2 menus are incredibly loud in comparison. On a regular ntsc snes with a SD2SNES non pro.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was on sgb04 but I see a sgb05 was released a few hours ago with volume boost so let me try that
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:09 AM by snakeman »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2020, 07:22 AM »
Is there a way to adjust audio levels? The gameboy sound is too quiet and so games that use both like Kirby Dreamland 2 the snes sounds are overpowering it. Plus just using the super gameboy 2 menus are incredibly loud in comparison. On a regular ntsc snes with a SD2SNES non pro.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was on sgb04 but I see a sgb05 was released a few hours ago with volume boost so let me try that

For MSU1 audio levels on a game like Castlevania Dracula X and Street Fighter II I found it easier turning the boost off as it makes all music go way over the sound effects otherwise I presume the latter applies to here aswell.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2020, 11:24 AM »
Updated: https://github.com/redacted173/sd2snes/releases/tag/sgb05

- Updated reset state of P1 to handle code that relies on uninitialized value.
- Added experimental sprite per scanline increase for pro.
- Added DMA stall on HALT.
- Updated REG logic to separate read and write buffers.
- Added DMA from VRAM support.
- Added config value to allow SGB ingame hooks without needing to enable the existing ingame hooks.
- Added a few more hashes of supported boot and bios files to avoid disabling hooks.
- Changed BOOT register to set on write independent of value.
- Added volume boosting and debug feature to disable SGB enhancements.

Offline soul

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2020, 08:35 AM »
For sgb05 I couldn't find volume boosting in the sd2snes menu, but if you edit config.yml with a text editor and save the file you can adjust volume boost there.

Is there anyway to have both sgb and usb support at the same time? If I copy one over it seems I'm getting rid of the other.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2020, 04:04 PM »
Added the sgb05 update but I kind of wonder what is the benefit of removing the SGB enhancements in the debug, I always thought the enhancements which included the boarders were the thing that made it stand out from the rest. Though I do remember some games had variants to how they were designed with enhancements and without like the Game and Watch gallery series most noticeably the 2nd game if I remember which had a more detailed design in the hub map areas options as opposed to the SGB enhanced version that simplified a lot of textures in favour of putting them into certain pallets.

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline RetroGamer02

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2020, 07:01 AM »
SGB06 released about 15min ago.
https://github.com/redacted173/sd2snes/releases

Fixed MBC2 register write bug.
Fixed several games hanging on save state due to serial state machine not going idle.
Fixed another hang on save state issue with ICD2 idle.
Fixed joypad data bus bug when both lines asserted.
Added a few (partially implemented) mappers. See readme.txt.
Added back brightness patch with MSU on classic.
Fixed save state audio regression by always allowing dbg src to read/write wave RAM.
Owned Flash carts
EverDrive 64 V3 UltraCIC V1
EverDrive GBA X5
SD2SNES Rev F

Offline punkdark

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2020, 01:19 AM »
I did a test with Pokemon Gold and it worked, but the pokemon crystal didn't work. Has anyone managed to make it work?

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2020, 01:47 AM »
Pokemon Crystal is for Game Boy Color only, and is not backwards compatible with previous Game Boy models, therefore it doesn't work with the Super Game Boy.

The only GBC games that work with the SGB are the hybrid, black cartridges (or original style GB cartridge shells, like Pokemon Gold). The transparent, newer style used for GBC don't work.

Offline nensondubois

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2020, 02:22 AM »
gold and Silver work as well except that the real-time clock does not function. I read that the clock is supposed to work using the sd2snes as the basis for the in-game current time.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2020, 02:45 AM »
I did a test with Pokemon Gold and it worked, but the pokemon crystal didn't work. Has anyone managed to make it work?

There are some hacks on gamehackings page that reverse the lock on certain only GBC games so they run on a SGB most noticeably Pokémon TCG2, but I haven't checked the long list for so many years on Crystal that I am not sure if a reverse console patch that turns GBC into standard GB exists for that game, I did however get it working back in my early years by using a save state on my Action Replay and loading the state up on a SGB resulting in this, though it was only the title screen...

Found this for crystal "Make Game Boy/Super Game Boy compatible" by nensondubois code to be used on GGGuy - FA5-B9B-6EE

It seems to be based off the same description code that makes the Pokémon TCG2 rom work on a SGB but only until after the prologue found here https://gamehacking.org/game/11404

It likely will crash after the intro screen but I remember playing TCG2 on my SGB and I got stuck in the wall and the game was super slow.

Post changed:

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2020, 02:35 PM »
I doubt the majority of the GBC only games would be playable at all with such hacks. They are set to GBC only because they use the GBC hardware and probably rely on it to work.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2020, 07:13 PM »
I doubt the majority of the GBC only games would be playable at all with such hacks. They are set to GBC only because they use the GBC hardware and probably rely on it to work.

Believe it or not reverse coding does actually work though it's really flawed as the real hardware will eventually give up processing it due to the nature of the beast.

Post changed:

Offline Krel

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2020, 03:12 AM »
I just got a FXPak Pro and wanted to try Game Boy games on it.  I read all of the instructions and got everything to boot up fine, but I'm experiencing some weird screen flickering with white lines.  I'm not really sure how to describe it, so I recorded a little video of it.  As you'll see in the video, it's really bad for Game Boy games, but I do notice a flicker here and there every so often when playing SNES games.  I barely notice it while playing SNES, so I'm not too worried about that.  I'm playing on a CRT through composite connection.  The CRT probably could use a recapping, but it really only seems to be Game Boy games that flicker as bad as it does.  Is this a known issue that other people are having?  I didn't really see anyone else post anything about it.

Here's the link to the video that I recorded.

https://youtu.be/zN5nNuoho40

Offline symbios24

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2020, 12:32 PM »
Is it possible to add inside the Super Gameboy Bios rom a gameboy rom/game??
So when you run the bios it will load the rom/game??
For people that have the super everdrive like me and can't afford to buy Sd2Snes??

Offline Rakutenka

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2020, 03:16 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here is a feature request that I know is a big request:

Would it be possible to make the USB port on the SD2SNES/FXPAK work as a the "External Connector" port on the Gameboy? I know you would either need a proprietary cable or a hub that can relay the signal properly. Then you could hook up a real Gameboy to the cart and play multiplayer games. That would be amazing, but I know the cable is probably reaching the realms of possibly not worth it. One can dream though.