Author Topic: SD2SNES Pro (fxpakpro) video issues  (Read 2681 times)

Offline themechanicalkoopa

• View Profile
SD2SNES Pro (fxpakpro) video issues
« on: June 25, 2020, 11:45 PM »
Just received my SD2SNES PRO (fxpakpro) and the boot screen loads perfectly fine. however... when I choose a game (any game for that matter) the video glitches and changes colors making the games totally unplayable. any ideas? I bought it directly from stone age gamer. I hope it's just a software issue and not a hardware issue cause my games play perfectly fine on this console. just the fxpakpro does this. I hope someone can help. thank you.

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES Pro (fxpakpro) video issues
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 12:41 AM »
I tried updating the firmware from krikzz's site and it still does the same thing. I really am stumped along with feeling a bit disappointed. I hope someone has a fix for this. or any suggestions at all. here's a video link of what it does. hoping for the best. https://youtu.be/_TY_ONR3OEw

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 02:16 AM »
Try cleaning the cartridge contacts between the Fxpakpro and the console with Isopropyl alcohol.
Run the diagnostics firmware and post the results: https://sd2snes.de/files/sd3snes_diagnostic_firmware.zip
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 02:24 AM »
do I just put that file on the sd2snes and run it as if I were to run any ol rom? or is there a stepped process to make sure I do the diagnostic properly?

thank u for the help.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 02:42 AM »
  • Format your SD card
  • Unpack sd3snes_diagnostic_firmware.zip on your PC
  • Copy the "sd2snes" folder into the root of your SD card
  • Use this SD card to boot the Fxpak pro
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 02:46 AM »
okay I'll do that now and post the results in a moment. thank you so much.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 02:54 AM »
I dont think I did it right. I just get a blank screen :( define root? do I put that file you set by itself? or do I drop it in the original sd2snes folder?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 02:59 AM »
I tried replacing it with the original sd2snes folder and I got a red screen followed by a screen of moving red and yellow bars then a solid green screen and the sd2snes light just blinks green on the face of the cart, the top two lights blinked a couple times before this  but then now it's just the green blinky light on the face and still a solid green screen.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 03:04 AM »
yeah I must not be doing something right. I can't get it to even work properly. it keeps crashing it.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 08:47 AM »
Just curious, is this your first SD2SNES/FXPAK?  Some old SNES's do have glitches with them, due most often to weak caps.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 09:19 AM »
yes this is my first one I've ever gotten. I still have yet to even get it to work. I ordered another power supply to see if that will fix the problem and then will see what happens after that. but at this point not sure what to do.

Offline Lowrider20131

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 08:12 PM »
if you got the fx pak pro from SAG id say contact them directly via discord or their customer service links. They are super easy to get in touch with, also does your glitch resemble this by any chance?

https://streamable.com/zvmsxa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 10:43 PM »
it kinda acts like that however it only glitches out on me after I load a game. I posted a video link of what happens in a previous reply earlier in this thread. I'll post the link here so u can see exactly what happens. I was told it could be a bad power supply so I ordered one with the hopes that this would remedy the problem I am experiencing. I have been in touch with stoneagegamer and they got back to me right away saying to try the power supply option as well. yet if it still didn't work they said they would have me mail it back so they can test it on their end and replace it if need be.

https://youtu.be/_TY_ONR3OEw

^^^ here is the video I made last night.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 01:09 AM »
Is yours an early SNES model?  I saw the graphics scrambling in your video.  I'd be surprised if it's the PSU, because like I said, the caps on the old SNES are usually a culprit.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 01:17 AM »
MY SNES has a serial number starting with UN11 not sure how to accurately date it though. but it would be nice to know when it was made. Like I am half tempted to try and source another snes online on ebay or something but then it'd still be taking a big risk if the caps on that one being listed is even good or not. so kind of at an impass here on what I should do (IF) the power supply I bought doesn't remedy the problem.