Author Topic: Cheat Support?  (Read 5566 times)

Offline rimsky82

• Avid Cheater
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
Cheat Support?
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:12 PM »
I've made a few ASM hacks for Splatterhouse using MESS.  Any chance of cheat support for the T-ED?

Edit: I see this topic has been discussed already... I guess since we have ASM hacks, I'm wondering now the probability of cheat support as opposed to patching roms.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:17 PM by rimsky82 »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cheat Support?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:16 AM »
Why just not load patched rom on SD? i don't see any huge database of cheats and cheats standards for pce, so i will not implement cheats functions for cheats which actually not exist

Offline rimsky82

• Avid Cheater
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:17 PM »
You're right... there aren't enough ROM based cheats to justify a cheats system.  Most of these are RAM.

http://gamehacking.org/?sys=pce

However, there is potential for many more, perhaps I'll mention it again when there's more cheats available.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:21 PM by rimsky82 »

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 03:07 AM »
loads of really cool sounding cheats on that gamehacking page. how so you go about using these cheats with the turbo everdrive though? i don't see any ips files and it seems we need to patch the roms :(

Offline rimsky82

• Avid Cheater
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 04:47 AM »
As you might have seen on the page, you can export the cheats for the magicengine and mess emulators.  I am the webmaster for gamehacking.org, and I might be able to write an export script for an ips file if it's straightforward.  Basically it depends on whether the tg16 uses paging or not.  I'll have to look into it.

Realize this only applies to ROM hacks, which most of the ones at gh are RAM.  I, for one, will be making more ROM hacks... unfortunately right now the mess debugger doesn't want to break on watchpoints for tg16/pce... I hope they fix it soon.  Until they do I'm stuck sifting through trace dumps.

EDIT: after looking at my cheats for Splatterhouse, it looks like an ips script might work.  Unless it's a coincidence that all three cheats were on the first page.

EDIT 2:  I added an ips script to the site.  The only problem is, is that it's hard to discern which codes are ROM hacks.  One way to tell is if they have a compare byte (address?compare:value).  There are 3 ROM codes for Splatterhouse you can get a patch for.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:34 AM by rimsky82 »