Author Topic: [release] alternative ED64 Menu  (Read 323879 times)

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
Re: [release] alternative ED64 Menu
« Reply #330 on: June 23, 2017, 01:35 AM »
fun fact...

back in 2013, i implemented some sram saving failure in the precompiled versions, if you're using alt64 on an ed64plus. ^^
i though that this would be less obvious than just a black screen, so there wouldn't be a cracked version of it available instantly.
i guess most of the people, asking for the latest v1 firmware out of nowhere in 2017 are clone users anyway.
this is one reason, why the code on github doesn't include the latest features, but for some experienced users it's possible to crack the binary or to backport these features anyway. ^^

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 23, 2017, 01:49 AM »
link is dead on ALT64 Version 0.1.8.23 download. Please give us a new link asap thanks.

Found a mirror: http://fgfc.ddns.net/PerfectGold/alt64_v1823.zip
I just installed it. In the info it says version ALT64 0.1.8.22?
I am trying the n64DD dumps of fzero and it loads up says n64DD with fzero music then it crashes and the words that were there get all mushed or for some games it just loads up black screen. happens to all the DD roms I use. Is it cuz it's not Version 0.1.8.23? A regular n64 roms works just fine. Im using a everdrive i think version V1
Edit: got one of the Mario Artist working. Sigh I got exited when i saw fzero english. sigh. tryed both.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:01 AM by Deltax5 »

Offline johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 24, 2017, 08:46 PM »
Hi everyone

Does anyone know if the Altra has a dazaemon 3D sram emulation ?

I would like to play games of nes with savestates

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 25, 2017, 09:22 PM »
Wile googling I found a even more updated version. but the links are also dead there to. ALT64 Version 0.1.8.6
http://xerohournix.blogspot.ca/search?q=alt64
If anyone out there has the files please upload them please.
IDK he did say that he no longer doing it sigh.
Edit: I found a post http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2079.0
I think it's a older version thou ALT64 Version 0.1.8.6. Doe 23 is a higher number then 6 lol.
Anyways how do I put cheat codes now? Shouldn't there be a menu when I activate the cheat option. In Krikks firmware you can just add cheats on your own. DO you know have to put cheats from your computer in that format with the same name as your rom?
Anyone have all the cheats for a complete romset?
I still want to know  ALT64 Version 0.1.8.22 is actually  ALT64 Version 0.1.8.23 cuz it says  ALT64 Version 0.1.8.22 in the menu when i boot up the everydrive v1
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:28 AM by Deltax5 »

Offline iwasaperson

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2017, 10:20 PM »
fun fact...

back in 2013, i implemented some sram saving failure in the precompiled versions, if you're using alt64 on an ed64plus. ^^
i though that this would be less obvious than just a black screen, so there wouldn't be a cracked version of it available instantly.
i guess most of the people, asking for the latest v1 firmware out of nowhere in 2017 are clone users anyway.
this is one reason, why the code on github doesn't include the latest features, but for some experienced users it's possible to crack the binary or to backport these features anyway. ^^

Do you know if jonesalmighty's altra64 fork supports the V1 or the clone? I don't have either to test with.

I just want a fully featured open source menu for my ED64 (2.5), and I personally would appreciate the source for the newest version. I don't know if denying source to legit users in order to spite clone users is the right thing to do, especially if a previous version was already open source.

There are also the people who bought a legit V1 back in the day and want to have some new features without having to buy a new ED64.
@Syboxez on Discord and some other places as well.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2017, 11:50 AM »
v1.8.23
https://web.archive.org/web/20161120215439/https://a.pomf.cat/xdcukr.zip

this one is the latest version i've released. it has a few more features then the source that's on github.
it's only useful, if you intend to use it on a v1, otherwise most of the features are already included in the stock os.

as the post above me pointed out, i don't want to publish the latest source, 'cause of chinese clones.
maybe if someone cracked v1.8.23 and sram is working on clones again, than it wouldn't matter any longer to keep the source of the missing features.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:31 PM by saturnu »

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 26, 2017, 01:15 PM »
as the post above me pointed out, i don't want to publish the latest source, 'cause of chinese clones.

I can understand that, of course, but it is unfortunate that it's no longer open source.

As always, a few people (in this case the clone's makers) spoil things for the vast majority.

Offline iwasaperson

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 26, 2017, 09:05 PM »
v1.8.23

this one is the latest version i've released. it has a few more features then the source that's on github.
it's only useful, if you intend to use it on a v1, otherwise most of the features are already included in the stock os.

maybe if someone cracked v1.8.23 and sram is working on clones again, than it wouldn't matter any longer to keep the source of the missing features.

Maybe you can release a new version that only works on the legit V2+ and release the source to that. Would take some effort, but all of the work to port it to V3 (and 2.5) has already been done.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 26, 2017, 10:32 PM »
i don't think that is possible.
someone could easily do a diff with v1.8.6 of the source and delete the added lockdown mechanism. ^^
so i don't see a way to hide sth, in the src.

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2017, 01:48 AM »
v1.8.23

Thanks for the link. When I load it up in the menu when pressing the Z button it says v1.8.22. Im going to take your word for it since you made it that it's actually v1.8.23. BTW f zero dd(e) still freezes. I guess Im stuck playing it on a emulator. I hear that the some 64DD games require you to switch the disk can it be done with this? I wish you could do more and fix these issues, but I hear it's to much work for you ohh well. thanks so much for what you done.
Edit:sim city (e) boots up then crashes at the menu's, I got some shoot em up working fine, one of the mario studio games works fine the other doesn't work at all.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:49 AM by Deltax5 »

Offline iwasaperson

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 27, 2017, 02:45 AM »
i don't think that is possible.
someone could easily do a diff with v1.8.6 of the source and delete the added lockdown mechanism. ^^
so i don't see a way to hide sth, in the src.
I don't see clone users going through the effort of even compiling it from source, let alone reversing a commit, and even then, they already have the existing precompiled binary (assuming the already released version works on clones, which I can't test). Was there any previous version where SRAM did work on clones?

Here is my thinking using an existing example. The SD2SNES is completely open source (hardware, firmware, and software alike). There are plenty of clones out there with perfect functionality (assuming the person buying the clone doesn't get a dud from lack of good QA). The fact that clones exist never stopped the project from being open source, save for PCB designs above F, although that's mostly irrelevant since ikari gave instructions on how to upgrade the Rev F boards. Me, along with plenty of other people, always strongly encourage people to buy either directly from KRIKzz or through an official reseller, if nothing more than for the practical purpose of having a guaranteed working product and a warranty to back it, but also to support the original creator so that they will be encouraged to make more excellent products and continue supporting the existing ones.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:52 AM by iwasaperson »

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 27, 2017, 06:23 AM »
alt64 is older than the cloned ed64v1, the sram defect was added in versions after it's release, but i can't remember exactly the version number.
and yes it is working but sram games like oot of f-zero x don't save... the good ones. ^^

there are no sd2snes clones per definition, 'cause it's an open source project from it's beginning.
as far as i can remember, the first boards were manufactured by ikari_01 himself in a small batch.

it's not that i like to sit on source code, in fact sharing the source with parasyte resulted in the working gs core.
and i shared some info with krikzz via pm, too - like 64dd loading, aleck64 loading, ultracic II x105, dezaemon sram768 mapper.
i just don't see the point in improving the clones, with an advanced open source menu

to end this discussion
maybe you could just ask krikzz about this issue, if he think it's a good idea i can update my github repo.

Offline Theta55

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 29, 2017, 01:14 AM »
I just tried the latest 2.x firmware by krikkz. It's a version 2 after all and I was thinking it was a v1. DD games running good and had some games not working with your firmware like zelda master quest. But your nes emulator worked fine. for some reason the official firmware nes emu doesn't run. My tv says no single for some reason when booting a nes rom but other 64 games run fine.

Offline cybapunk

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 18, 2017, 07:15 AM »
holy s*** this looks good

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 03, 2017, 08:57 PM »
dn't like at all. 10 times slower than stock