Author Topic: Everdrive X5 Mini Goomba RTC  (Read 1035 times)

Offline MJM247

• View Profile
Everdrive X5 Mini Goomba RTC
« on: February 12, 2021, 01:16 AM »
I just got an Everdrive X5 Mini and I'm having trouble getting a definitive answer for this online so I figure I post it here to confirm: is there a way to get the RTC to work with GBC games such as Pokemon Gold on the Goomba emulator?

So far All I see is that the cart is compatible with RTC but I can't get it to work with GBC emulated games. I know the EZFlash Omega could do it so I thought maybe the Everdrive could but I'm not getting results.

When I try to enable RTC for GBC games I can't get it to stay on.

Any info?

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive X5 Mini Goomba RTC
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 07:34 AM »
I just got an Everdrive X5 Mini and I'm having trouble getting a definitive answer for this online so I figure I post it here to confirm: is there a way to get the RTC to work with GBC games such as Pokemon Gold on the Goomba emulator?

So far All I see is that the cart is compatible with RTC but I can't get it to work with GBC emulated games. I know the EZFlash Omega could do it so I thought maybe the Everdrive could but I'm not getting results.

When I try to enable RTC for GBC games I can't get it to stay on.

Any info?

No it will never work on the GBA X5 because its not kernel level built in like on the Omega's

Offline Charli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 11:42 AM »
Someone on Dwedit's Forum stated, that at least RTC read access seems to work. But I haven't testet this myself yet.

https://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewtopic.php?pid=3766#p3766

Seems that goomba color can read rtc from Everdrive GBA, but it cannot write to it. Am I correct?

It seems to me that certain games that use rtc (Telefang) may be trying to write to the rtc when setting the time, and using the cartridge's rtc directly, rather than relying on an offset like Pokémon does. Because setting the time in those games doesn't work, it just goes by the raw rtc that goomba reads from the cartridge.

rtcread works perfectly fine on Everdrive, so that can be used to directly set the everdrive's internal rtc as a workaround (and source code is available, as well), but if Goomba Color could be updated to write to the rtc when games request it, that would be convenient. I get that this might not necessarily be easy to implement though.

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 03:04 PM »
It wont work, but you can patch gold and silver to manually change the clock when you need. This doesn't always work with rom hacks though.