Author Topic: Everdrive GBA X5 Mini - Stuck screw keeps turning and won't come out  (Read 461 times)

Offline CyanSMP64

• View Profile
My Everdrive GBA X5 Mini arrived recently and I wanted to look inside the cartridge in case the battery ever needs to be replaced. I picked up a screwdriver and tried to unscrew the screw on the back, but it just keeps on turning in place, it doesn't go up nor down whatsoever. Stuck about 1mm deep. No matter what I do the screw will not budge, it can only turn endlessly.

I've read other threads about this but they don't seem to solve my problem. Any advice on removing the screw?

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
Sounds like a matchstick and a minimal amount of superglue solution for me.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
My Everdrive GBA X5 Mini arrived recently and I wanted to look inside the cartridge in case the battery ever needs to be replaced. I picked up a screwdriver and tried to unscrew the screw on the back, but it just keeps on turning in place, it doesn't go up nor down whatsoever. Stuck about 1mm deep. No matter what I do the screw will not budge, it can only turn endlessly.

I've read other threads about this but they don't seem to solve my problem. Any advice on removing the screw?

Seems like a problem with the way they are made for example my retro towers one had the same issue as that and when they managed to fix it I now have a gaping crack inside the inner plastic it's thankfully only the back that had the gash and its not the outer shell thankfully all in all this has been an issue dating back to the non Mini X5 am surprised the Mini didn't fix it.

https://imgur.com/a/5iUPXh7

I can say they either tightened the screws so tight that it was cracking the inner shell of the back so they had to loosen it as there was no space for it to breath for the bottom having a bit of breathing space where both parts of the plastic before the screw on the back would stop turning into place.  To be precise it's likely better to ignore it than get it resolved of course you can always get it corrected but it ruins the craftsman's ship as you see in the link above.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline CyanSMP64

• View Profile
So a secondary GBA x5 mini just arrived today (transparent shell) and this one I can unscrew to open up. But my other GBA x5 mini (grey shell) with the stuck screw I've had for a week. Is there any chance I could return it to get it repaired/replaced?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
I think so, you only had it for a week and it was already broken. Contact Krikzz or the seller. There is a contact form on the Everdrive homepage.