Author Topic: System 3 new flashcart for cdrom games?  (Read 4278 times)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
System 3 new flashcart for cdrom games?
« on: December 08, 2017, 02:57 AM »
has anyone else here heard of this?
 stumbled on a forum post pointing to this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyEJk0LmM8I maybe it's legit?
 says it plays all cdrom games and hucard games and supports ram saves but is kinda expensive.
 the idea of playing cd games with no cd drive attached sounds great.
 i wonder if a device like this could inspire Krikzz to work on a super deluxe turbo everdrive to compete with this product. maybe undercut it somewhat because 240 euro pricetag seems a little high, that being said i don't know the production costs for such a device.
 if the production costs are a lot less than the pricetag then whoever is making it are trying to rake in nice profits because there is no other ODE device out there emulating the pc engine cdrom yet let alone emulating it without the need for any cdrom attachment.

Offline krisk77

• View Profile
Re: System 3 new flashcart for cdrom games?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 10:48 AM »
It is legit and GadgetUK on YT is a well known channel.

The price is not that bad and was touched on in the video for reasons.  The CD-ROM hardware add-on costs are high, especially on ebay and are prone to laser and mechanical faults and capcitor issues, etc, plus, more money for system cards too.

Also, why piss about burning cd's nowadays too? Tbh, the whole cd iso/system card support sold it for me and i'll be looking to sell off my RGB amp Scart and TBED to fund this probably.

Deunan Knute (GDEMU) dev is supposedly working on a PCE ODE, yet from what I saw it needs the original cd drive, so wait and see how that pans out.  However, the Terraonion one requires non of that and is plug n play, including RGB, so it may be hard to compete with that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:53 AM by krisk77 »

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 01:08 PM »
yeah i've been keeping an eye on Deunan's project for a while . i purchased both gdemu and rhea which are both great products. as you say though you can't compete with not having to purchase a cd addon.
 regarding the price, i admit i have not watched the entire video yet and found out about it late last so i just breezed through the video.
 still seems kinda expensive. i will have to calculate the cost of a cd addon and Deunan's final price upon release and see if there is much of a difference to get a better idea.
 another issue for me is my TG16 is a pal one and the system 3 does not work on pal consoles yet. maybe i will buy a supergrafx console and system 3 card in the future.
 i would still love to see Krikzz take on this challenge and maybe other cd systems in the future. the everdrives are tried and tested and i have faith in Krikzz's products. thast not to say that the system 3 card is not a great product. i don't know anything about the creator and his reputation for quality.

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 07:08 PM »
Just ordered it today,i own an mvs and aes neosd flashcart off them,which are great.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 12:38 PM by fille1976 »

Offline krisk77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 11:37 AM »
I was in two minds to order a DS  MVS multi since they went on pre order sales, yet since seeing this, I'm gonna go for this instead.