Author Topic: street fighter 2 partial working  (Read 4327 times)

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
street fighter 2 partial working
« on: June 06, 2013, 06:24 PM »
street fighter 2 was working well until it crashes on balrog level with loadsa graphical glitching and noise, heres a couple of pics...

also i tried it on my everdrive MD but you cant even play a 1 player game  :o when you start the game 1+2 player cursors are highlighted...very strange indeed  :o

edit just tried the game on my pc using fusion 3.64 and it works perfect and plays through balrog level, so the master ED cannot run it properly, think its in need of a massive OS update :(
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:26 PM by dvd2vcd »
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
Re: street fighter 2 partial working
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 06:36 AM »
Same here on JAP SMS with experimental OS v6, I didn't try on US SMS but I expect the same result.

I don't think it needs a "massive" rewrite, just a fix. I didn't try it on MegaED, seriously the game is meh... and it is painful to get to Balrog, literally my thumb was aching .... the SMS version on EASY setting is quite a button masher :)

*EDIT* tried on MegaED and I can confirm it thinks it's a 2 player game. Just for trying I selected Balrog and it didn't seem to have problem loading the stage, nor the fighters, haven't tried it at all over SMS (just to check if it could have been the stage/player gfx location on a real SMS to be messed up or if it is the game code that goes sour at that particular point)

*EDIT 2* attempted to play a 2 player match over the Jap SMS, P1 as Ryu and p2 as Balrog and kaboom the game is messed up. As I already said onver MegaED instead there's no mess.
So we have 2 problems: MegaED always thinks the P2 button is pressed (it could be an issue with SF II joypad handling routines, that is to say also the original game would mess up over PBC) but it does the right thing for emulation of the mapper, MasterED instead fail the mapping.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:24 AM by phoenixdownita »

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
Re: street fighter 2 partial working
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 10:23 AM »
i picked balrog for a 1 player game (on sms) and the game crashed instantly  :'(
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B