Author Topic: Random: Just testing out some SGB boarders using a EDGB not SD2/FX Compatable  (Read 615 times)

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
The Everdrive GB series is able to flawlessly load the entire library of games which support Super Game Boy enhancements which contained a pre-loaded boarder and pallet set, plus the standard non boarder games that had enhancements of the original Game Boy series line which you may remember in your Nintendo Power Official Super Game Boy book that was provided with every display box which was sold back then.

While no official way to obtain every boarder of these enhanced games that contained them is possible back then was due to the dozens of variants of them which either are now almost impossible to find or too over priced, the flash cart by Krikzz of the Everdrive GB line runs the games exactually the same way as the physical game if it was loaded onto the Super Game Boy itself, by inserting the Everdrive into the Super Gameboy it ends up allowing these games to simultaneously take advantage of the Super Game Boy hardware.

Since this custom pallet set for each game was planned by the developers, games that were able to run those pallet sets disabled some Super Game Boy menu features when running on the real hardware, which mainly would lock things like editing the enhanced colour games pallets.

This method that requires a default Super Nintendo Control Deck along with a Super Gameboy and a Everdrive GB, allows all boarders from those games alone combined with their unique pallet sets to be compatible with all non SGB enhanced games, it also re-enables the disabled menu feature, that the Super Gameboy locked originally when certain games wouldn't let you change pallets.

To get this to work their is no modifications needed as you likely own quite a few variants of the Everdrive GB line when you decided to upgrade to the next X series or further beyond so any series of Krikzz Everdrive GB line all should work on it.

Note: It's recommended you wait until after your Everdrive GB series cart after selecting one of the (SGB Enhanced) labelled games has fully finished loading in SGB mode until the border packets are sent be it either the boarder alone or the menu screen or a screen where the enhanced pallets look more than 1 colour, then take out and reinsert your cart (which is otherwise likely going to be one of your spare carts you decided to leave lying around somewhere never to be used again as you decided to upgrade to the one that contained the RTC or something along those lines) while retaining the power still on your Super Nintendo. That will take you back to the Root Menu with whichever boarder appeared before you did it and will allow you to play any game which doesn't say (SGB Enhanced) on the games label keep in mind this method works differently depending on where you decide to reboot to the Root Menu, and it will give essentially the same result of what the game before loaded up with the custom pallets usable as well.

Note 2: This method isn't possible with the firmware of the SD2SNES/FXPAK as it needs a game to be loaded off Everdrive GB series which needs to run on the actual Super Game Boy hardware to work.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 03:59 AM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Online nuu

• View Profile
It should be said that yanking the cart when power is still on isn't considered safe on the SNES or Gameboy.

And it's border not boarder.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
It should be said that yanking the cart when power is still on isn't considered safe on the SNES or Gameboy.

And it's border not boarder.

Their is no energy or voltage that comes from the Gameboy part of the SNES when a cart is taken out, no discharge either as the power output is that of a Gameboy device it's not the same as trying to take out a power supply of the SNES while it's on or taking out a plug of a live electrical adaptor while the switch is left on.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Online nuu

• View Profile
I'm not discussing this, you don't know what you are talking about.

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
You've definitely got power going to the Super Game Boy and the EverDrive when you hot-swap, otherwise it wouldn't be working. It's no different than hot-swapping a cart on an actual Game Boy.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/