Author Topic: Feature Request: VI-deblur (now possible using GS)  (Read 44923 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Feature Request: VI-deblur (now possible using GS)
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2020, 02:37 AM »
it would be great if someone would keep a copy of all of the codes, and make them available to download in one archive (which wouldn't be large, as the codes take up so little space). And maybe when the ED64's OS is updated in future, then Krikzz could add an option to the ED64's game loader menu,  so that when launching a game, you can choose to run the game as normal, or to apply the de-blur patch to the game. That would be convenient and would please everyone.
Or better, use the auto patching function that the ED64 already has. Turn the codes into patches and add them to the auto patch list. No need for Krikzz to update anything.

Offline Dr.wario

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2020, 06:47 PM »
it would be great if someone would keep a copy of all of the codes, and make them available to download in one archive (which wouldn't be large, as the codes take up so little space). And maybe when the ED64's OS is updated in future, then Krikzz could add an option to the ED64's game loader menu,  so that when launching a game, you can choose to run the game as normal, or to apply the de-blur patch to the game. That would be convenient and would please everyone.
Or better, use the auto patching function that the ED64 already has. Turn the codes into patches and add them to the auto patch list. No need for Krikzz to update anything.

Sorry I missed that, how do I fix that?
since I already tried it, but no go

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2020, 07:24 PM »
Fix what exactly? Perhaps you misunderstood what I said. I just added my suggestion, to use the existing features of the ED64 instead of inventing new ones, onto Kerr Avon's suggestion about adding an option to apply the hacks in this thread automatically.

Offline grifaz

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2020, 07:43 PM »
Did anyone have some luck to find working Gameshark codes to disable AA and/or Dithering in Turok: Dinosaur Hunter of any version? It's on the list of unsupported ROMs in saturnu's automatic patcher.

I just finished reading through the entire Assemblerforums guide on disabling AA via gameshark codes just to learn how to do it myself and spent around ten hours in the last three days to figure it out by myself with HxD to view the hexadecimal numbers and BizHawk as an emulator to read the specific numbers of the running ROM with no luck... I followed xdaniel's post on the Assemblerforums and saturnu's advice but I have no programming expertise and find it really hard to get my head around the hex / binary conversions, bit and byte registers, identifying the VI bank, knowing whether it is even correct to use the big endian ROM in the first place... It's like I gathered bits and pieces of knowledge in this area from any corner I could find, but even though I created several documents with pages upon pages containing all the info in this regard, I am somehow at my wit's end on how to figure this out.

Is anyone still active here and versed in this matter?

Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: Since I am fascinated by this topic, it would be great if someone knew how to identify these addresses like "0x800EF37C" in HxD. I guess these are normally found in the column "Offset"? Even with the explained ROMs by mentioned forum members, I had no luck identifying the addresses. What I gathered is that the address needs to be linked to the addresses "0xA4400000" from the so-called VI register which somehow links to "0x00013016" to disable AA? This is normally where I am stuck. Thanks so much!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:49 PM by grifaz »

Offline gaiden2000

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2020, 09:48 PM »
Hi, after reading as many threads as I could, i couldn't make star fox work with aa patch. I got an ED64 Plus and I can't see any ips patch option triggering Z, so i tried to patch it my self, but no sucess. Does anyone know how to do it or to share directly that patched rom?

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2021, 04:37 PM »
Someone knows if there is GS Code for the following games:

- 40 Winks (En,Es,It).n64
- O.D.T. (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (Proto).z64
- Puyo Puyo Sun 64 (J) [English Translation].z64
- Last Legion UX (J) [English Translation]
- Sydney 2000 (USA) (Proto).n64
- Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 (J) [English Translation].z64
- Airboarder 64 (E) [f1] (NTSC).z64
- Rakuga Kids (E) [f1] (NTSC).z64
- Centre Court Tennis (E) [f1] (NTSC).z64

« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 06:54 PM by fabio_rosendo »

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2021, 11:08 PM »
I don't know why this is ignored and why people got angry at people asking for it.

Those codes are literally scattered everywhere and no comprehensive database was ever built. If there is a feature to be implemented by a flashcart that isn't yet it's the Anti Aliasing removal.

Offline Goemon

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2021, 12:30 AM »
Dinosaur Planet (rom_crack.z64)
Tested on ED X7

81097E6C 0000
81097E9C 0000
D1097E6E 3056
81097E6E 3242
D1097E9E 3016
81097E9E 3202
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 09:40 PM by Goemon »

Offline triclon

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2021, 03:16 AM »
I am working on centralizing all these disable-AA codes into a single google sheet.  I made a copy of an old google doc someone else made and will be combing the web for any and all that I can find.  Feel free to update it as well on your own:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Es8BgBifgHVDHSqVIY6Xx1rS_CJHmaak4oHuErM_OU/edit?usp=sharing