Author Topic: Tool to convert sav's between MiSTer & Mega Everdrive  (Read 4303 times)

Offline RetroRGB

• View Profile
Tool to convert sav's between MiSTer & Mega Everdrive
« on: November 07, 2020, 03:12 PM »
There's now tools available that allow you to swap Sega Genesis savegames between the MiSTer and Everdrives, made by Rysha and Superg.  I've tested a few and it works great.  I figured there's probably other people here using both devices that can benefit from this:  https://www.retrorgb.com/convert-genesis-savegame-files-between-mister-and-everdrives.html

Offline kevinflynn

• View Profile
Re: Tool to convert sav's between MiSTer & Mega Everdrive
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 04:25 PM »
I thought I would put this here because it is germane to the task but differs in source>destination.

I have a V2 Mega Everdrive runing 3.x and a pro running 4.11

Both work fine but I've noticed that the SNAP folder .sav files in the v2 are not compatible or at least do not load on the pro cartridge.
(I copied the files to a folder inside MEGA called "legacy" rather than swap SD cards as that would also swap the OS)

Are these users in the same boat as the MiSTer converting users?

Offline birdybro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 08:47 PM »
I thought I would put this here because it is germane to the task but differs in source>destination.

I have a V2 Mega Everdrive runing 3.x and a pro running 4.11

Both work fine but I've noticed that the SNAP folder .sav files in the v2 are not compatible or at least do not load on the pro cartridge.
(I copied the files to a folder inside MEGA called "legacy" rather than swap SD cards as that would also swap the OS)

Are these users in the same boat as the MiSTer converting users?

I was under the impression the saves in the SNAP folder are snapshots (like savestates). Do they load correctly when you put them into /MEGA/saves/smd-snap/ ? It's possible Krikzz changed the format of the snapshots since the v2.

Offline edr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 12:34 AM »
Thanks for mentioning that tool.

I looked into using is to convert an NES save from MiSTer -> N8 Pro.

But after using the tool the MiSTer save (32KB) was converted to a 65 KB file. I didn't even try using it on the N8 Pro because the NES saves on the N8 Pro are 8 KB.

Offline RetroRGB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 08:57 PM »
This is specifically designed for Genesis sav's and won't work with NES.