Author Topic: N64 CIC clone  (Read 6936 times)

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
N64 CIC clone
« on: May 01, 2014, 11:12 PM »
Is there any CIC clone for N64 carts available or is it being worked on?  I have a handful of PCBs that someone took all the CIC chips off of.  So they need a bunch of 6102 and I think maybe one needs a 6105.

thanks

Offline copyman

• View Profile
Re: N64 CIC clone
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Just curious why did someone take all the CIC chips off in the first place? Talking about the Everdrive 64 pcb they were taken off right? Unless they were going from pal to ntsc or vice versa.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 05:12 PM »
Is there any CIC clone for N64 carts available or is it being worked on?  I have a handful of PCBs that someone took all the CIC chips off of.  So they need a bunch of 6102 and I think maybe one needs a 6105.

thanks
N64 CIC chip is not reverse engineered yet, as far as i know. I not sure how those chinese pirates make own cic back in the days, may be they just make raw copy of chip. Photo under microscope, then print on silicon, or something like that. I don't know a lot about chip cloning, but a lot of old chips was cloned somehow

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Pretty sure everyone knows but:

decap effort once ongoing tracked at http://www.retroactive.be/cic/
for some info about N64 booting https://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/SoftResetNotes (also comments from marshallh)

FYI: I own an ED64, so the fact that I link to "the competition" docs is purely incidental  :)

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 08:21 PM »
This I don't know because the guy who gave them to me isn't the original owner and doesn't have any soldering skills so he isn't the one that took them apart.

thanks
N64 CIC chip is not reverse engineered yet, as far as i know. I not sure how those chinese pirates make own cic back in the days, may be they just make raw copy of chip. Photo under microscope, then print on silicon, or something like that. I don't know a lot about chip cloning, but a lot of old chips was cloned somehow

Offline EvilDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 11:22 PM »
The 6105 seems to be partly analyzed, from what I can see:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?34033-N64-PIF-CIC-NUS-6105-Algorithm-Finally-Reversed

Does that help?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 04:46 AM »
no