Author Topic: got the x7? post here ya thoughts...  (Read 35692 times)

Offline Jegriva

• View Profile
Re: got the x7? post here ya thoughts...
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2017, 02:46 PM »
Seems like it happens due the specifics of power circuit of gb pocket, it take lot of time to rise from 0 to 5v. On GBP (MGB-001) power rise from 0 to 5v at 35ms, approximately, but on  GBC (CGB-001), for example, it takes just around 5ms. I just tested 50 carts and 3 of them not working with my pocket. Seems like in such conditions fpga refuse to load configuration from internal memory. I tried to reboot fpga manually, after than power switched on, and it works.

Damn, the Game Boy Pocket was sure a little nasty creature...  ;D (I have to get one, someday)

Offline traal

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2017, 10:48 PM »
On GBP (MGB-001) power rise from 0 to 5v at 35ms, approximately, but on  GBC (CGB-001), for example, it takes just around 5ms... Seems like in such conditions fpga refuse to load configuration from internal memory.

Some sd cards has large impulse current during reading.

Can you recommend a way to modify the MGB-001 to provide better power? Maybe this would be good even without a fix to the x7.

Offline nihlathak

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2017, 11:11 AM »
Finally received the X7 yesterday. Very pleased with it, working really well. Button is easy to push.

Only moved the board to another (classic) GameBoy cart ;)
SD2SNES | ED-GBA X5 Mini | ED-64 v3 | Mega ED X7 | ED-GB X7 | ED N8 Famicom | ED N8 NES | Master ED X7 | ED GG X7 | Joyzz | PSIO | GDEmu | GCLoader

Offline strygo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2017, 05:41 PM »
I used to purchase my Krikzz devices from Stone Age Gamer since I'm in the USA. I ran into a poor customer service experience with a back-ordered item (slow replies, nearly 2-3 months to receive), so more recently I ordered directly from Krikzz. I'm glad I did. The package and build quality is awesome and apart from the postal service being slow, I have no complaints.

The GB-X 7 I just received is awesome - the case is very sturdy and it almost felt like an Apple product when I opened it. :) Now I just need to upgrade to these X series devices as they come out. :D

Offline lapaz

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2017, 08:47 PM »
same problem here, x7 works only 1 time on 10 on my pocket, any solution to make it work perfectly?

Offline wolfpacleader1986

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2017, 11:36 AM »
So far so good. Need a little more time to fuck around with it. My only real complaint is having to press the cartridge to access the menu. To me personally, it’s ridiculous as I have an Everdrive N8 and the Famicom is supposed to be inferior to the Game Boy Color, yet all it needs is a button combo. I’m guessing that it’s to do with the button combo used to reset the game? I’d love to hear Krikzz’s explanation for that. Other than that, one of the best Everdrives so far and I can’t wait for an X7 of the GBA Everdrive(since all that’s out is the X5)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2017, 05:20 PM »
So far so good. Need a little more time to fuck around with it. My only real complaint is having to press the cartridge to access the menu. To me personally, it’s ridiculous as I have an Everdrive N8 and the Famicom is supposed to be inferior to the Game Boy Color, yet all it needs is a button combo. I’m guessing that it’s to do with the button combo used to reset the game? I’d love to hear Krikzz’s explanation for that. Other than that, one of the best Everdrives so far and I can’t wait for an X7 of the GBA Everdrive(since all that’s out is the X5)

Game Boy hardware not allow to observe controller activity without software modding.
Software modding means dramatic fall of stability in many games, so i prefer to use dedicated button to avoid mass problems in various games. Genesis and NES hardware allows to use hardware sniffers, so i can observe controllers activity without software modding. This is why you can't use buttons combo for in-game menu on gameboy
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:22 PM by KRIKzz »

Offline ieure

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2017, 03:25 AM »
Can we get some kind of response on what to expect with the GBP issues?  Is there going to be a firmware fix, hardware fix, or what?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2017, 12:54 PM »
Can we get some kind of response on what to expect with the GBP issues?  Is there going to be a firmware fix, hardware fix, or what?

It will be new hardware revision

Offline spn-x

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2017, 02:14 PM »
It's probably way to early to ask for an ETA on the revision. But can you say if it's likely that it happens this year?

Offline CharlieF

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2017, 02:22 PM »
I got the X7 model and love it!
Not a complaint, but pressing the bump on the cartridge took me way too long for me to figure out.
Perhaps include it in the features listed or include a demonstration in the video?

Features:
Max ROM size: 8MByte
Max SAVE RAM size: 128KByte
Save States function and In-Game menu function (press down on the bump on the cartridge)
Isolated RTC function. "Isolated" means that multiple games can use RTC without interference. Each game will have own copy of time
Instant loading
Low power consumption
High quality 4-layers PCB
GameGenie cheat codes
Soft reset to menu (press down on the bump on the cartridge, and select from the menu)
Supported mappers: MBC1, MBC2, MBC3, MBC5
SDHC/SDXC support
Compatible with all systems which supports GB and GBC cartridges, including Super Game Boy*
OS supports up to 1000 files per folder

Offline migles

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2017, 03:34 PM »
I got the X7 model and love it!
Not a complaint, but pressing the bump on the cartridge took me way too long for me to figure out.
Perhaps include it in the features listed or include a demonstration in the video?

Features:
Max ROM size: 8MByte
Max SAVE RAM size: 128KByte
Save States function and In-Game menu function (press down on the bump on the cartridge)
Isolated RTC function. "Isolated" means that multiple games can use RTC without interference. Each game will have own copy of time
Instant loading
Low power consumption
High quality 4-layers PCB
GameGenie cheat codes
Soft reset to menu (press down on the bump on the cartridge, and select from the menu)
Supported mappers: MBC1, MBC2, MBC3, MBC5
SDHC/SDXC support
Compatible with all systems which supports GB and GBC cartridges, including Super Game Boy*
OS supports up to 1000 files per folder

or a sheet of recycled paper serving as a "manual" with the link for the required software, and basic instructions...
recycled cuz one of the reasons nothing has a manual anymore is "eco friendly" and the first second is thrown at the trash
maybe a PDF link in the page, which allows for more details like showing it's options and stuff...

Offline gojira54

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2017, 12:52 AM »

Will it be possible to exchange the X7 cart I have for a new hardware revision?

Offline miknet

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2017, 12:32 PM »

Hello Krikkz,
It's possible to fix the issue with a hardware mod just like SD2SNES mod revision ?

SD2SNES - MegaEverdrive V2

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2017, 09:03 PM »

Will it be possible to exchange the X7 cart I have for a new hardware revision?
Yes, if you bought cart prior september (before than i place warning about GBP on product page)

Hello Krikkz,
It's possible to fix the issue with a hardware mod just like SD2SNES mod revision ?

Such mod require hex inverter IC and very good soldering skill

It's probably way to early to ask for an ETA on the revision. But can you say if it's likely that it happens this year?

Should be here in 1-2 months