Author Topic: Super Everdrive V1.2  (Read 823 times)

Offline Renthos

• View Profile
Super Everdrive V1.2
« on: May 27, 2021, 07:49 PM »
Hello, I recently purchased a pre-owned Super Everdrive from a reputable store. Unfortunately, it was advertised as a v2.1, but when I opened up the cart it was actually a v1.2.

The issue I'm having is that even with the latest OS I can not get certain games to run. For instance Earthbound and Super Metroid trigger the anti-piracy screen. Legend of Zelda will not load at all, it just cycles through the game save screen. I was wondering if this is a common issue with this version of the Super Everdrive and would I run into this issue on the Version 2.1?

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Super Everdrive V1.2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 07:30 AM »
Try using a previous OS file.
I highly suspect that you have a pirate device.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Renthos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 08:00 AM »
I'll try using a previous os. I purchased it from StoneAgeGamer, which I thought was a reputable site. Here's a photo of the PCB.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 04:03 AM »
If you bought it from SAG then it's original.
Try getting "no-intro" roms.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Renthos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 06:50 PM »
I ended up getting it to work. When I first load earthbound the anti piracy screen pops. But if I reset it and hit start game from the os menu it plays it. I appreciate your help.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 12:57 PM »
Something is wrong if the anti-piracy triggers on the Everdrive, as it shouldn't normally be able to detect it. Earthbound is notorious for having many different anti-piracy schemes that triggers at different places in the game, and the final one makes the game hang on the final boss. If you aren't already, I would make sure to use a known good dump (no-intro) if I were you. Goodset roms marked with [!] for "good dump" are known to be bad dumps sometimes, so don't use those.