Author Topic: Wallpaper thread! 320x240 only edition!  (Read 5807 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Wallpaper thread! 320x240 only edition!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 12:18 PM »
It's different for every TV, but 16 lines/rows in on all sides is with a lot of margin and is probably ok on all TVs. The cutoff is usually around 8 pixels/lines something on many TVs.
But 16 pixels/lines is for a traditional 256x240 resolution such that the NES and SNES uses. Since the N64 uses a 320 pixel horizontal resolution (your projector's native resolution doesn't matter) for its low resolution mode, pixels are much more narrow than on the NES, so you must have a larger margin on the left and right sides. As I said I don't know what Nintendo recommends for this system.

Your projector cuts off more on the right because the picture is not exactly in the center. This depends on the horizontal timing of the video signal. You might be able to adjust the centering of the image on your projector.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:28 AM by nuu »

Offline SG333gg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 07:18 PM »
It's different for every TV, but 16 lines/rows in on all sides is with a lot of margin and is probably ok on all TVs. The cutoff is usually around 8 pixels/lines something on many TVs.
But 16 pixels/lines is for a traditional 256x240 resolution such that the NES and SNES uses. Since the N64 uses a 320 pixel vertical resolution (your projector's native resolution doesn't matter) for its low resolution mode, pixels are much more narrow than on the NES, so you must have a larger margin on the left and right sides. As I said I don't know what Nintendo recommends for this system.

Your projector cuts off more on the right because the picture is not exactly in the center. This depends on the horizontal timing of the video signal. You might be able to adjust the centering of the image on your projector.

My projector has two knobs. One is a focus knob, which just refocuses the image, and the other tilts the image up and down slightly so you dont get a wrapped picture, however the cut off on the right nothing seems to effect it, i got the projector for cheap so im not too bothered, but if there was a way to fix it, i would love that.

I know it works fine on my other tv, which is why i think res came into this. Frankly i dont know enough about this subject to do much myself to fix it. Still i have to wonder if the cut off point for some tvs and my projector may be the same or slightly different.

Offline SG333gg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 11:31 PM »
Okay, i made a few backgrounds for easier reading.

They arent perfect but maybe someone might like a pikachu style background.  I perfect the dark gray with nothing in the middle for easier reading on a projector. Enjoy

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 11:39 AM »
The cutoff point may be different on every TV/projector/monitor.

Look in the manual to see if there is a way to adjust the horizontal position on your projector. Or google for it.
CRT TVs sometimes has a secret service menu that allows you to adjust these things, and monitors have knobs. Since every game system has slightly different video timings, it's not unusual that you might have to adjust the screen position.

Offline SG333gg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 05:51 AM »
The cutoff point may be different on every TV/projector/monitor.

Look in the manual to see if there is a way to adjust the horizontal position on your projector. Or google for it.
CRT TVs sometimes has a secret service menu that allows you to adjust these things, and monitors have knobs. Since every game system has slightly different video timings, it's not unusual that you might have to adjust the screen position.

It has limited settings, i dont think there is a way to adjust is. Its one of the projectors that has built in hoilday crap to play, but you can switch it to usb or hdmi, which im using hdmi

This is the projector im using: https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Gemmy-HLightshow-CineMotion-Film-Halloween/dp/B07CHV6VDG

cant find anything on how to adjust that so the right isnt cut off.

Offline SG333gg

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 01:53 AM »
bump. Anyone got some more?

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2021, 08:34 AM »
Yet to see any better than the simple one with the controller and/or default ones from Krikzz.  Most of the ones posted make reading the text impossible.

Offline SG333gg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2021, 08:33 PM »
Yet to see any better than the simple one with the controller and/or default ones from Krikzz.  Most of the ones posted make reading the text impossible.

Have you tried the gray Pokemon with a clear enter that i posted above? I found the same issue, and sadly since the x7 uses a lower res background vs the older cart, it seems a bit harder to get anything to look nice and readable.

Offline SG333gg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2021, 07:48 PM »
bump, can someone make a few new backgrounds for easy reading?

Offline SG333gg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2021, 10:45 PM »
I've got Photoshop, and I'll be making a few wallpapers for my X7 when it arrives. If anyone has an image they're like to use, post a link here and I'll see what I can do.

Sooo...did you get your everdrive yet?