Author Topic: Smash Remix v0.9.7 released  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Cyberlink420

• View Profile
Smash Remix v0.9.7 released
« on: May 11, 2021, 02:21 AM »
After five months, Smash Remix is back with a new update. In addition to bug fixes and balance changes, the patch adds five new stages, a new Remixed 1P mode, debug options on the CSS, and two new characters: Wolf and Conker.

Download via the project's GitHub: https://github.com/JSsixtyfour/smashremix/releases/tag/0.9.7

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: Smash Remix v0.9.7 released
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 07:10 PM »
Fantastic news. Smash Remix is a superb mod, and having Conker in it is a dream come true!

If you are looking for more characters to include, please consider Joanna Dark (from Perfect Dark, of course, my favourite game).

Thanks for letting us know of this release. You should probably inform N64 Today (https://n64today.com/) too, it's a good N64 related news site, so hopefully the news will reach more SSB fans.

Offline Grizzmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 11:53 PM »
Smash Remix just keeps getting better and better! Arguably it alone is reason enough to invest in an EverDrive 64.

Offline IRL Random Hajile

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 06:23 AM »
Smash Remix just keeps getting better and better! Arguably it alone is reason enough to invest in an EverDrive 64.
Definitely! Smash Remix is insanely good and a huge improvement over the original game that you'll never want to go back to Vanilla Smash 64 anymore after playing it, because of how bare bones Vanilla feels nowadays. Smash Remix Team certainly dialed it up to 11!
"BH75001, Random Hajile... that's
R-A-N-D-O-M H-A-J-I-L-E."

Offline Freezypops

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 07:11 AM »
Played as Conker for over 5 hours the other night. He is very well made. Feels awesome, especially since I have wanted him in Smash since 2001.

As for future characters, I think James Bond would be great, since Nintendo had considered putting him into the game due to the success and popularity of Goldeneye.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 05:58 PM »
Played as Conker for over 5 hours the other night. He is very well made. Feels awesome, especially since I have wanted him in Smash since 2001.

Yep. The mod does so much so very well, but including Conker (and doing it so well) is

As for future characters, I think James Bond would be great, since Nintendo had considered putting him into the game due to the success and popularity of Goldeneye.

Bond would be great, but I'd also really like to see Joanna Dark (from Perfect Dark, of course) included in the mod.

Offline Grizzmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 12:28 AM »
I want a Killer Instinct character included. The newer versions of Smash have Ryu from Street Fighter so I'd like to see Jago from KI in the next Smash Remix update.

Offline Freezypops

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 12:42 AM »
Perhaps Bond and Joanna could be even be the same character, but different skins.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 04:49 PM »
One of the great things about mods is that they don't have to worry about copyright  :)

And on the off-chance that any of Smash Remix's developers are wondering which characters to add in the future (we can hope!) and happen to see this thread, let's all post our top three characters we'd love to see added to the mod.

For me it's:

1. Joanna Dark,
2. James Bond,
3. A Big Daddy from Bioshock (how brilliant would this be?  :D),

Offline Freezypops

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 05:41 PM »
1. Bomberman (Bomberman 64 The Second Attack)
2. James Bond (Goldeneye)
3. Turok

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 08:45 PM »
3. Turok

Oh, Turok. I forgot about him, and he does represent the N64 - I mean, who plays the post-N64 Turok games at all? Turok is a great answer.

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2021, 06:02 AM »
3. Turok

Oh, Turok. I forgot about him, and he does represent the N64 - I mean, who plays the post-N64 Turok games at all? Turok is a great answer.
I'm just imagining in my head that during a match, pressing the L button as Turok makes him go "I AM TUROK!!!".

Offline Everton32x

• Entusiasta
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2021, 02:35 AM »
3. Turok

it would be great if it were ..

1 Joanna dark
2 Bomber Man
3 Banjo Kazooie or Turok

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2021, 06:59 AM »
3. Turok

it would be great if it were ..

1 Joanna dark
2 Bomber Man
3 Banjo Kazooie or Turok
All solid choices, though part of me would love to see Marina from Mischief Makers to be a playable character, but one can only dream...

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 04:21 PM »
And Duke Nukem!

Actually, if they did add Joanna Dark, Bond, Turok, and Duke, then we could play matches and tournaments where everyone plays as a human. Alright, so Mario, Luigi, Samus, etc, are human too, but they are more cartoony (how else can a human compress into a small ball, the way Samus does, or do all the amazing jumps that Mario does, etc?) so perhaps wouldn't count.

Or am I just overthinking this?