Author Topic: Save Files and Emulation  (Read 5248 times)

Offline alucas92

• View Profile
Save Files and Emulation
« on: January 31, 2017, 04:33 PM »
Right now I've been trying to set up the memory card so if I were to use it on my PC running retroarch it would be able to read the roms and saves so I can seamlessly switch between the two
While it's been working with games in the .srm format, anything else (such as .eep or .fla) will not
Is there a way to save all my games in .srm? Or maybe another emulator that can read and write the save files as they are on the everdrive?

Offline EthanW

• EthanW
  • Was "Ridj"
    • View Profile
Re: Save Files and Emulation
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 05:22 PM »
you may just have to rename the save files as .srm
Everdrives i own: EDN8, EDGB, EDGBx7, EDGBAx5, EDGG

Offline alucas92

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 08:18 PM »
That works but I was hoping for a more elegant solution
It'd be a pain to go in and rename the save files each time I want to switch platforms

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 12:20 AM »
The names .eep and .fla are useful to tell what save type they have.

You could make a batch file that automatically changes the file name to .srm, but for .eep and .fla you have to remember which type it is.

Offline Conezays

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 09:48 PM »
Semi-related question-would love some input from others if they have any.

Certain games on GBC seem to save just fine without issue. For example, Tetris DX saves my progress in the game without me having to do anything. It does however have the ED's red light on constantly while playing for what it's worth. If I turn the system off the game will remember my progress once I play it again.

However, while playing Link's Awakening DX I noticed that the game does not seem to save your progress, at least it does so erratically and I can't seem to find out how to trigger it's in-game save functionality. I can use save states and load states just fine and the save function in the game does appear to work on some level as the progress goes beyond the opening scene, etc. I've seen some past posts mentioning pressing L + R after in-game saving but I can't seem to personally replicate this.

Any help here? Is this issue isolated to Link's Awakening itself? Thanks for any help! Loving the GBA Everdrive (as with all my others) regardless.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 09:07 PM »
I've seen some past posts mentioning pressing L + R after in-game saving but I can't seem to personally replicate this.
As far as I know that L+R+Select combination is for saving in other flashcarts like the Supercard Mini SD, not the EDGBA.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL