Author Topic: RTC Battery Life  (Read 5039 times)

Offline balter

• View Profile
RTC Battery Life
« on: January 16, 2019, 04:26 PM »
I purchased my Everdrive GBA last year and I have already had to replace my battery 3 times.  It looks like I am getting about 4 months of battery life.  This seems rather short to me.  I don't play often and I leave my Everdrive connected to my GBA.  Do I have a faulty unit?  How often have you replaced your battery?

Offline MasterBuller

• View Profile
Re: RTC Battery Life
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 11:08 PM »
which revision is your Everdrive? Are you buying good batteries from a quality brand?

Offline balter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 11:40 PM »
I have an Everdrive GBA X5 Model 16 Rev B.

I am using Energizer Brand CR1220s.

How long does your battery last?

Offline MasterBuller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 10:28 PM »
I have an Everdrive GBA X5 Model 16 Rev B.

I am using Energizer Brand CR1220s.

How long does your battery last?
Got the battery that came with the Everdrive since April, still no battery issue

Offline decommand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 05:01 AM »
I purchased my Everdrive GBA last year and I have already had to replace my battery 3 times.  It looks like I am getting about 4 months of battery life.  This seems rather short to me.  I don't play often and I leave my Everdrive connected to my GBA.  Do I have a faulty unit?  How often have you replaced your battery?

Four months battery life is a perfectly normal range for CR1220

Offline Alvis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 02:51 AM »
That doesn't sound right at all (geez, I hope. I'd never buy a flash cart that needed new batteries several times a year).

This thread suggested that even getting six months on a battery was a sign of poorly made/old batteries: https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6671.0
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:17 AM by Alvis »

Offline balter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 04:10 PM »
Thanks for all the responses.  I did another test with new Energizer batteries and almost to the day I got the dead battery notification in 4 months.  The responses received here were greatly varied as well, some saying this time is normal for the size of the battery to some saying they have had theirs for almost 3 years!!!  In a similar post it was mentioned from someone i believe to be from Krikkz's team that as every everdrive goes through a battery test.

"You don't need to worry about power consumption of EverDrives because we test the power consumption of each EverDrive before sending to the customer as well.
And if we find that the EverDrive has power consumption more than standard then it just doesn't pass the quality control because it's obvious that such example has a problem.
We're not interested in sending non-working devices to the customers because we have a lot of problems because of that. It's much easier and better just to test everything well on our side and exclude any such problems."

With the great sample of responses is there a way to get an official answer from the Krikkz Team?  Sorry to be a pain.  If this is normal I will gladly replace every 4 months if not I will gladly purchase another unit.

Thanks for the great product nonetheless.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 02:23 AM »
I think in your case you're justified in sending the cartridge back to Krikzz for replacement/repair.
Try this warranty link: https://krikzz.com/store/contact-us
Good luck.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Davestra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 12:34 PM »
Thanks for the link. Will bookmark that as well for reference.