Author Topic: Everdrive GB x7 does not work in my GBC  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Cluny

• View Profile
Everdrive GB x7 does not work in my GBC
« on: January 13, 2021, 02:25 AM »
Hi,

I recently purchased an Everdrive GB x7 and set it up. However when I select and start any rom on my Gameboy Color the system gives me either a white or black screen (sometimes even a garbled screen) and freezes. The GBC is totally stock, unmodded. I am using fresh batteries. The cart says it’s Rev.c and I purchased it from Krikkz website.

The cart seems to operate fine on my GBA so it doesnt seem to be a problem with the roms.

Any ideas on what I could do to resolve this issue?

Offline orangeglo

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive GB x7 does not work in my GBC
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 03:17 AM »
Have you run the diagnostics from the menu while plugged into the GBC? That might help reveal if there is an issue with the cart.

Does the GBC work fine with regular games?

When it tries to load the ROM, does the power led get very dim? Sometimes the power switches in these old consoles can get very dirty, causing weird power issues. The EverDrive draws much more power than a normal cart, and probably draws the most when it's loading a ROM if I had to guess.

Hope you resolve your issue!

Offline Cluny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 04:00 AM »
Have you run the diagnostics from the menu while plugged into the GBC? That might help reveal if there is an issue with the cart.

Does the GBC work fine with regular games?

When it tries to load the ROM, does the power led get very dim? Sometimes the power switches in these old consoles can get very dirty, causing weird power issues. The EverDrive draws much more power than a normal cart, and probably draws the most when it's loading a ROM if I had to guess.

Hope you resolve your issue!

Thanks for your reply,

I ran the diagnostics and it seems to have all passed fine.

It does work fine with regular games, my copy of Links Awakening boots fine. When I attempt to load  a rom the GBC power LED stays solid, but the led on the cart turns off,  not sure if that means anything.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:00 AM by Cluny »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:40 AM »
Their seems to be a certain version of the GBC revision that the GB X7 cannot run on, which seems to also be linked to the AGS-101 that uses the same system as it. The 001 can work fine with the X7 but the 101 just resets constantly.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 05:00 PM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Do you have another GBC reachable? Did you try a PSU for power?

Offline Cluny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 06:28 PM »
Their seems to be a certain version of the GBC revision that the GB X7 cannot run on, which seems to also be linked to the AGS-101 that uses the same system as it. The 001 can work fine with the X7 but the 101 just resets constantly.
Hmm, if this is the case is my only option to try and return the cart for a refund?

I have two GBC consoles, a IPS modded one and a stock one, I get the same result in both systems when trying to launch a game. I tried 2 different SD cards too. I tried alkaline batteries and rechargeable NI-ZN batteries. I don't have a PSU, but I can try to look for a cheap one, however it sort of defeats the purpose of having a handheld system I guess.

EDIT: I tried cleaning the power switch of my GBC consoles with isopropyl and tried downgrading to older versions of the OS. The only difference I noticed is that on the older versions I seem to get more frozen garbled screens instead of blank white or black screens if that means anything.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:08 PM by Cluny »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 08:21 PM »
Hmm, if this is the case is my only option to try and return the cart for a refund?

I have two GBC consoles, a IPS modded one and a stock one, I get the same result in both systems when trying to launch a game. I tried 2 different SD cards too. I tried alkaline batteries and rechargeable NI-ZN batteries. I don't have a PSU, but I can try to look for a cheap one, however it sort of defeats the purpose of having a handheld system I guess.

EDIT: I tried cleaning the power switch of my GBC consoles with isopropyl and tried downgrading to older versions of the OS. The only difference I noticed is that on the older versions I seem to get more frozen garbled screens instead of blank white or black screens if that means anything.

On my non refurbished AGS-101 handheld the metalic silver chrome one I got back in gamestop years ago it has never worked on it, however those cheap comic con refurbished ones that are a AGS-001 with a AGS-101 screen it has no problem running on it... the odd thing is the old X5 one always worked on either this was around the time when the Gameboy Pocket also had issues running the later everdrives too.

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline Cluny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 08:27 PM »
On my non refurbished AGS-101 handheld the metalic silver chrome one I got back in gamestop years ago it has never worked on it, however those cheap comic con refurbished ones that are a AGS-001 with a AGS-101 screen it has no problem running on it... the odd thing is the old X5 one always worked on either this was around the time when the Gameboy Pocket also had issues running the later everdrives too.

Hmm okay. Maybe I will see if I can return it and buy and x5 or exchange it for an x5 then. Bummer.

I have a GBA x5 that I absolutely love, was looking forward to having the equivalent on the GB.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 12:02 AM »
I have two GBC consoles, a IPS modded one and a stock one, I get the same result in both systems when trying to launch a game. I tried 2 different SD cards too.
It sounds like the fault lies in the Everdrive, not your Gameboys. You should contact Krikzz or the seller and resolve this.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 12:10 AM »

Hmm okay. Maybe I will see if I can return it and buy and x5 or exchange it for an x5 then. Bummer.

I have a GBA x5 that I absolutely love, was looking forward to having the equivalent on the GB.

Yeah it likely is better, your not really missing much on the X7 except for the RTC unless you are really into RPG's saving with real time clocks the X5 is likely better as it works on ANY Gameboy made be it the Classic, Pocket, Colour, GBA or even the two AGS GBA SP models... on a side not I am not sure if the Chinese IQUE models would work on the X7 as I only own the physical Nintendo AGS 101 and a refurbished 101 that likely isn't the real deal, the good thing is it wont loose its paintjob ever as its rougher material than the smooth glossy ones so I use it more than the genuine one for now.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:12 AM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

Offline Cluny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 01:03 AM »
I have two GBC consoles, a IPS modded one and a stock one, I get the same result in both systems when trying to launch a game. I tried 2 different SD cards too.
It sounds like the fault lies in the Everdrive, not your Gameboys. You should contact Krikzz or the seller and resolve this.

Currently talking with Krikzz customer support, hopefully they can send out a replacement or something along those lines.

Thanks everyone in this thread for your help!

Offline wdb2021

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 06:50 AM »
My device has the same symptoms. I came in and read the messages of each person. I checked But still can't fix it. I probably haven't played it.