Author Topic: New to flashcart, questions about EverDrive-GB X7 (Rev.B)  (Read 1020 times)

Offline coperandr54

• View Profile
New to flashcart, questions about EverDrive-GB X7 (Rev.B)
« on: January 14, 2021, 06:50 AM »
Hi everyone, this will be my first flashcart ever if I decide to buy one. For my birthday my lovely GF got me a GBA SP (Not 101) and I went to my local swap meet and got some nice childhood games.

I wanted to buy the EverDrive-GB X7 (Rev.B) because I really hate carrying around a bunch of games on me and I also want to be able to save/load my save games.

So here are some questions hopefully someone can answer :

EverDrive-GB X7 (Rev.B) - Does it work with pretty much any GBC/GBA games?

Could I use a GBA emulator on my computer and use some game shark codes to get some items for the game, then load this save onto the flash and play it? Essentially, I want to cheat the game.

Does it problem a lot of battery out of the GB? How many hours does it usually last before you have to charge again?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: New to flashcart, questions about EverDrive-GB X7 (Rev.B)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 12:13 PM »
The EverDrive-GB X7 is a flashcart for Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. You need a separate flashcart for GBA games. The Everdrive GBA X5 is a flashcart for GBA games and it can't play Gameboy or Gameboy Color games (you can use an emulator, but it's kind of pointless to use a flashcart at all in that case and not all features will work).

EDGB X7 has quite good compatibility for GB/GBC games since it has an RTC. The main things that are missing are games with other special hardware such as IR-port, rumble motor, tilt sensors and camera. Less common mappers such as MBC1M, MBC30, MBC6, MBC7, HuC-1, HuC-3, MMM01 and TAMA-5 are probably not supported.

EDGBA X7 probably supports most GBA games that are 32MB or smaller (only a few GBA movie carts are larger than that). It also has RTC, and RTC games like Pokemon should work. Games using special hardware other than the RTC won't work due to the missing hardware. Example: the sun sensor in Boktai.

Yes the save files for both Everdrives should work in emulators as well.

Everdrives have pretty good battery time for a flashcart. I don't have any numbers, but it draws more power than a normal game cart so it's obviously shorter than normal games. That's just unavoidable.